exclamation-circle ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

21 Jan 2016 07:10 #75086 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!

Not crazy important but should be consistent. It is the reason why a minion can attempt to Mind Numb itself before failing since he is only tapped after he announces the action.

That is a funny loophole.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2016 13:18 - 21 Jan 2016 13:20 #75093 by Zombieking
'Field Training' ...as a way to spread around those hard to acquire bloodline disciplines! Nice :)

I assume it can be stacked on a vampire, right?

^^EDIT. nope. i should have actually read the entire card!
Last edit: 21 Jan 2016 13:20 by Zombieking.

More
21 Jan 2016 20:28 #75110 by PetriWessman
I like Field Training, it's nice to have an alternative to Sanguine Instruction for passing weird disciplines around :).

Overall, I really like this set, lots of fun new options. And to whoever said the power level is too low... huh? I really don't see that. Lots of cards here I'm pretty sure we'll see in tournaments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zombieking

More
21 Jan 2016 20:59 #75114 by Zombieking

I like Field Training, it's nice to have an alternative to Sanguine Instruction for passing weird disciplines around

exactly my thoughts - being able to pass them out without the clan restriction is ace!
definitely gonna be trying to put together some weird anarch/bloodlines decks before I play next week.

More
21 Jan 2016 21:24 #75119 by ReverendRevolver

I like Field Training, it's nice to have an alternative to Sanguine Instruction for passing weird disciplines around

exactly my thoughts - being able to pass them out without the clan restriction is ace!
definitely gonna be trying to put together some weird anarch/bloodlines decks before I play next week.

Suddendly , Lorie Dunsirn can play sirens lure....

More
23 Jan 2016 04:52 #75193 by Orpheus
Replied by Orpheus on topic ANARCHS UNBOUND released!
Hello y'all,

First I'm reallt sorry to see that the bans were made at the same time as the set release, and that they overshadowed it by far ; because I think it's a rather good set, and we should talk about the two things in separate threads (and ideally not at the same time).

Now, about the bans. :D

Pascal, I have made a suggestion on the french forum, I repeat it here.

So the trouble comes from MMPAs, right ? And by this I mean more than 2, more often than not at least Anson/Nana/Cybele + Parthenon. Because Anthelios without several MPAs is slow and not efficient (we can all see it when another player puts it in play).
MMPAs also are way too powerful with my hated Ashur Tablets (another recursive mechanism during Master Phase). And they and recursivity under Anthelios are the reason why Lilith's Blessing was banned (if Anthelios stays banned L's B can surely come back).

Also Anson's current wording prevents ANY other Toreador grouping to be played, at least in TGB decks.

But we know that you don't want to / can't produce erratas as long as old cards aren't reprinted.

SO here's my proposition :

A simple update in the Rulebook, stating that : No more than 2 Master Cards (and no more than 3 if at least one is a Trifle) can be played by Master Phase Action. This supercedes any card text, as the individual effects adding the possibility to play Master Cards in 1 MP aren't cumulative.

Period. Simple, easy to understand and apply, and would have I believe some pretty good effects on the game.

Decks based on MPAs would still be playable, but not as overwhelming, with or without Anthelios and co.

And to top it off the Toreador could later gain a clan card granting them a better MMPA option than Parthenon (but still not cumulative), to make Anson dispensable.

Opinions and comments are welcome (although I don't guarantee I'll have the time to answer much, but I know I can count on y'all for that). ;)

Orpheus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds