file Draft cube - different alternative to realunch VtES

17 Mar 2016 08:42 #76015 by Ashur

And one more - drop uncommons.

I don´t follow. Why drop uncommons?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2016 08:49 #76016 by Ashur

Can you pleas elaborate, why you chose "7 boosters, deck size 45, crypt size 7 and 1 recursion" and do you still think that it's the best "numbers"?

45 could be a typo as 7/35/7/1 would be according to General Limited Format Rules (7.2.2. Recursion)

Yes, that might have been I typo. I don´t remember how big decks we actually had, but we try to follow VEKN rules if there are any :) (although this was not sanctioned)

35 cards is better if you don´t like having junk/fun cards in the deck.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
18 Mar 2016 17:36 #76025 by Lönkka
I've run several drafts and participated in even more (no cube drafts though) but don't recall the ever having the booster size/rarities/number of cards ever giving any problem.

But you sure can fix your own cube any way you like to make it run the best for you and your group! Do let us know what finally ended up in the cube and how it played.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
18 Mar 2016 20:15 #76027 by brandonsantacruz
I'm putting together a cube for drafting. I look forward to trying it sometime soon. I'm including some signature power cards in limited numbers (I.e. max 2 copies of govern) and a lot of lesser used cards that are not bad in limited. I see this as an opportunity to ban a variety of cards in effect by simply not including them. At this point I want to use draft text, but we will see when the final version is put together.

One option I'm thinking about is simply having a collection of cards where you can pull out x cards at random to make a "draft." It is a bit more work, but more customizable depending on the number of players you have and the number of recursions you want. By having these extra cards to draft from the card pool will reset every draft, giving the game more variety.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
09 Jun 2016 23:50 #77148 by librarian
I just found out about MTG Draft Cubes, and I'm excited by the concept.

The limited rules assume an 11 card pack, with V/R/U/C ratio of 3/1/2/5 typical, although not critical.

I like cubes for 10 people, 7 packs each, for a total of 770. I think I'll call them my 7/7 cubes, in honor of that fateful day.

With that said - what themes should the cubes be around?

Should I have a Sabbat Cube, Cam Cube, Bloodlines, Laibon, Anarchs, Other?

Or should I have a bleedy cube, votey cube, fighty cube?

Should I have a newby cube for mostly new players with pure vanilla cards in there?

How about a 1994 cube, with only cards from OG Jyhad set?

Thoughts?

More
10 Jun 2016 10:36 #77154 by elotar
My last Idea for draft cube is that you really don't need to go with "booster" structure - it's annoying and time consuming to make 11 card boosters with specific quantities from pile of mixed card.

So i've just separate all library into 4 equally looking piles, all vampires together into 5th pile, then:
1) take first library pile, deal it to all players (add cards from second pile so everybody got equal number of cards)
2) Draft clocwise
3) Deal second library pile
4) Draft counter-clockwise
5) Deal vampire pile
6) Draft clockwise
7) Deal and draft remaining library piles counterclockwise then clockwise.

Equal number of cards in each booster is not really important, but what is really important is that there must be more cards going from the right than from the left (google "draft signals" if you are really interested in the details).

For contents of the draft I would recomment to start with the basic camarilla clans from group 1 - they got predictable in clan disciplines, than you can deviate wherewer you'll like, I think there are just two rules - players must know in advance what they have to expect in the cube and it's better to have all aspects of the game (bleed, steals, intercept, politics, combat...) present.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds