file New Bloodlines set in development!

11 Apr 2016 20:20 #76378 by chrisn101
Hooray for a more bloodline cards! :-)

If you're thinking of Harbingers, obviously they share Auspex/Necromancy with the Nagaraja - any chance of a combi card either clan could use? Only have Trochomancy at the moment. I'm not trying to sneak another bloodline under the door - just think it's something to consider,

Awaken the Slumbering Curse is against ghouls only, while Charon's Oar doesn't immediately strike me with a game use either. But Clarity of Emptiness seems like it could be a useful anti-Frenzy - or anti-Presence card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2016 21:05 #76380 by Jadasc
Presuming you have the rights to the material, the new V20 Guide to the Tal'Mahe'ra just came out, and that's allegedly got some neat new Necromantic material for the Harbingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

More
12 Apr 2016 10:10 #76387 by BenPeal

If you're thinking of Harbingers, obviously they share Auspex/Necromancy with the Nagaraja - any chance of a combi card either clan could use? Only have Trochomancy at the moment. I'm not trying to sneak another bloodline under the door - just think it's something to consider,

Yeah, that's already under consideration. Even if we don't include Nagaraja in the set directly with crypt cards and clan-specific library cards, an Aus-Nec card or two would be a good two-birds-one-stone way to cover them.

I'd like to give Nagaraja more treatment than that, as they're missing something that makes them special. As Jadasc mentioned, the new V20 Black Hand book just came out and in addition to new cool stuff for Harbingers, they give finally Nagaraja solid treatment. It includes the very first Nagaraja characters with names (unless you count Pisha from the Bloodlines computer game). If we have space in the set, I'd really like to get those in there.

Awaken the Slumbering Curse is against ghouls only, while Charon's Oar doesn't immediately strike me with a game use either. But Clarity of Emptiness seems like it could be a useful anti-Frenzy - or anti-Presence card.

Back when we were developing The Unaligned we had a card idea for Clarity of Emptiness. We're certain to look at it again for the new set. Oh and it's called The Corpse In The Monster, 'cause that's the Aus-Nec version of that ability - Clarity of Emptiness is Auspex-Obtenebration. (Player's Guide to High Clans p165)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, brettscho, chrisn101

More
12 Apr 2016 22:44 - 12 Apr 2016 22:57 #76399 by BenPeal

Thanks! ;) I'll be spamming card ideas in the Card ideas section!

Please do!

If anyone has card ideas, definitely post them there. I've been reading through all of the Bloodlines ones in there.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2016 22:57 by BenPeal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
13 Apr 2016 08:24 #76403 by chrisn101

If anyone has card ideas, definitely post them there. I've been reading through all of the Bloodlines ones in there.

I think I need to give the Harbinger cards ideas I've previously posted about one last play and feedback session with my local group before I upload them. Real life has trumped everything else recently so we haven't been able to meet in the last few weeks - hopefully we'll manage to do so by the end of the month though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xXLazarusXx

More
21 May 2016 19:36 - 21 May 2016 22:09 #76987 by Klaital
I can understand the decision to focus on those clans, as the ones left out are certainly performing better, even DoC, which while not that well represented in the twda, are quite strong, I think the main reason why they don't show more is that the best Doc archetype, breed boon, requires a lot of hard to get rares and thus not many people have the cards for it. While I don't have any direct card ideas for the bloodlines being covered, I do have some general ideas of what I personally think they are most lacking of (library card wise, not going into crypt cards).

Blood Brothers I actually think aren't really far off from being good, HttB made their combat options lot more reliable, the main thing I think they suffer with is weak discplines on their vampires, since barring Torrance circle, they don't really have any viable options for FOR or POT based stuff. So maybe some clan specific (or sanguius) cards that lets them more easily and effectively gain superior levels of their in-clan discplines would be good. Another, bit less important thing is that they could use some more blood management cards, although I suppose taste of vitae and unwholesome bond can get the job done. the last issue is that they are seriously lacking in pool defense, although with the addition of Hive Mind, they can usually get somewhat around that with simply not having to spend that much actual pool on their vampires.

Gargoyles are great at blocking stuff and staying alive in general, but are seriously lacking ways to actually get victory points, so some Visceratika or flight cards that help them do pool damage in some way would be the biggest need.

Harbingers have kind of an issue that there isn't really all that much special about them, pretty much anything you can do with harbingers, you can do better with !Ventrue, or Giovanni. So what they would need most is solid clan cards that give you reason to play harbingers over the aforementioned two clans. Necromancy cards wouldn't really help since Giovanni can use those too, although some for/nec or aus/nec dual discpline cards could be nice.

!Salubri is admittingly a bloodline I have not played much at all, though I have played against them a lot, and frankly I think their main issue is sucky crypts, consisting mostly of weenies without much superior discplines. Their clan cards and Valeren cards are very strong, if they would just have solid midrange crypt available, I think they would do just fine. And, from what can see of the half of g6 crypt that was in HttB, the intent was to give them that nice midrange crypt for g6, so once that is filled up, they should be pretty solid.

Samedi have been one of my favorite bloodlines for long time, and are one of the clans that got hurt most by the removal of Lilith's Blessing, Main thing I think they would need is more impactful actions to do, they are great in doing lot of actions reliably with fortitude and obfuscate, but they don't actually have that much good actions to do, so I think that would be good way to go for improving them. Also they could use some more defensive options, since currently their only defensive option is bloating, mostly through villeins/taps and various blood gain actions, which again was seriously weakened by the banning of lilith's blessing.
Last edit: 21 May 2016 22:09 by Klaital.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds