exclamation-circle Sign up for EC 2017!

13 Jan 2017 01:41 #80161 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Sign up for EC 2017!
Sounds like storyline event would be better?

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 08:28 #80165 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic Sign up for EC 2017!

Sounds like storyline event would be better?

It clearly is for me ! ;)

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
13 Jan 2017 10:13 #80168 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Sign up for EC 2017!

And answering to your question and talking only about last year's EC, I saw collusion in two tables (out of 10 I played). I understand by collusion favoring a player from the same nationality/playgroup instead of taking the most optimized selfish decissions.

I'm with Jorge here. Got last EC one game in which I got no explanation of actions of my "cross-table ally" other than that my predator was his mate.

It's maybe not so important in common tournaments, but in NC, where you are kind of encouraged to "play with your team" it may be a serious problem.

If the Archon would take into consideration the "no more than 1 player of the same nationality" rule, there shouldn't be any problem.

Not so radical solution will be to separate preliminaries of NC into several (5) smaller tournaments with "1 player from the nation" rule. And then make finals from top players of this events (or even make the 5 preliminaries of 2R+F and then 5 winners plays in the Grand Finale).

By this we can also remove strange "End of the Line"/"Enlightment in Blood" teams.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
13 Jan 2017 10:25 #80169 by Son of Malkav
Replied by Son of Malkav on topic Sign up for EC 2017!
Sorry but why nation cup and no Legendary vampire ? in the legendary any player play for it self .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ilmale

More
14 Jan 2017 01:33 #80174 by Boris The Blade

Not so radical solution will be to separate preliminaries of NC into several (5) smaller tournaments with "1 player from the nation" rule.

That is possible, but depending on the number of teams it could lead to a lot more 4 player tables than necessary. It works well with 9 or 10 nations. How many would you expect?

More
09 Feb 2017 09:35 #80635 by hardyrange
Replied by hardyrange on topic Sign up for EC 2017!
I do have some questions about the EC tournaments:

A1) The web pages for both the Storyline and the Nations Cup event state that these are to be 2 rounds + finals only. Is that correct? If so, why?

A2) Can we get confirmation if the EC torunaments, and the Constructed event on Sunday, are to be regular 3+F events, or if they too will be 2+F only?

B) When registering for the EC, I need to chose if I want to play the Nations Cup or the Storyline event. To make that choice, I would appreciate to have the details for the Storyline: What is the scenario, what are the special rules?

Thanks, and best regards,

hardy

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Council Chairman Bochum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borrelstein

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds