file Proxy Demo Decks Version 1.2 are now available for download! [updated Jan 2018]

01 Aug 2017 12:44 #82841 by Kraus
The decks have been updated based on what we noticed in the (very succesful) demo sessions in Ropecon this weekend.
  • Dominate is really strong and interesting as it is. It requires the player to understand the age mechanic, and rewards more mathematically oriented players.
  • Fortitude works within itself, and has reasonable drawbacks. It requires the player to manage their blood, and learn the best places to play Freak Drives. It rewards players with attunement for blood management.
  • Dementation is one of the better decks in the lot with excellent survivability and options for stealth in their bleeds. Some blood management and intercept was taken out and more combat and locations added to reinforce more brutal play.
  • Potence was highly confusing for players, or so it seemed, since the ability to rush with Harass only became relevant or its benefits clear in the late game. The focus was switched to Sabbat, some blood management and constant effects added, as well as Fame for extra speed to the games (the effect is similar to Tension in the Ranks so it should be clear enough).
  • Presence was the lackluster in the tables with less of a bleed efficiency compared to both Dem and Dom. Thus more effective bleed cards were introduced with more Misdirection for better lunge capabilities. Allies that have equipment synergies were added for more interesting plays, and Dodges were added for allies.

Players really enjoyed their Chainsaws and other big numbers and effects. Those are really important in a fast paced demo instead of grindy aspects. Whenever blood and pool is removed, it's better than when they're gained.

When doing a demo, think twice before going straight for 5 players. It doesn't add that much to the experience yet, and might make it for a dull experience for crosstable when two players take 10 minutes for their turns (just reading the cards). It's understandable. If you can, make 4 player or even 3 player tables.

When playing with 5, you might consider the following seating:

Dominate > Presence > Fortitude > Potence > Dementation

Dominate can deal with stealth bleeds with bounce and Guardian Angel. Presence can deal with animalism with Misdirection. Potence isn't trumped effectively with Majesty.

The links in Lönkka's post just above are now updated. :) Have a blast.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased, ScoundrelAtHeart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2017 02:36 #83596 by malkavianbarcelona
Super nice... but it will be more nice if you put the decklists of the decks too, that we can build the decks without the .pdf with original cards.

Thanks

More
19 Sep 2017 05:27 #83598 by Kraus
I'm not sure if you asked for the OP decklists or the "finnish" versions, but for the latter the decklists are in secret library, with links just a few posts up:

www.vekn.net/forum/news-and-announcements/75679-proxy-demo-decks-are-now-available-for-download?limitstart=0#82560

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
19 Sep 2017 15:53 #83600 by self biased

Super nice... but it will be more nice if you put the decklists of the decks too, that we can build the decks without the .pdf with original cards.

Thanks

i will try my utmost to post the decklists tonight. I'm Currently preparing for a 4 day long larp event.

More
19 Sep 2017 23:34 #83601 by self biased

More
30 Dec 2017 04:08 #84673 by self biased
this is back on my radar for the time being.

What else do I need to update?

Unlock? Check.
Singular They? got it.

I'm also editing in a text reminder of the cardtype below the icon, as that seems to be the trend.

Ankha, how is the latest version handling dual-type cards? I'm running an old version of the VCM because I couldn't get the newer one you sent me working. Also, I've got opinions about dual type cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds