file Players wanted for casual games in Berlin

02 May 2017 21:47 - 02 May 2017 21:50 #81715 by Squidalot
Hi guys,

at Berlin there will be a great opportunity to play with players who have either never seen VTES or have only come across it casually.

It'd be great if players who attend, who want to play casual games, bring a few simpler/easier decks to play with casual players - I highly recommend using newer versions of cards where possible with clearer text.

Myself, Isak and Janne are intending to play some game sin the evening with anyone who is interested and i'm sure many of you will be around for casual games as well - it'd be great to use this as a way of getting more kindred into the fold.

Please let me know if you'd like to help or have any ideas that might work,
thanks,
Hugh
Last edit: 02 May 2017 21:50 by Squidalot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borrelstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2017 08:26 #81721 by Borrelstein
Yes, I would be interested to lure more innocent souls in ;)

Perhaps it would be good to bring some 40 cards-decks for the new storyline 1-hr/20 pool format that could be used for introductory games?

More
03 May 2017 13:45 #81725 by Lönkka

Yes, I would be interested to lure more innocent souls in ;)

Perhaps it would be good to bring some 40 cards-decks for the new storyline 1-hr/20 pool format that could be used for introductory games?

Courtesy of Fantasiapelit, I will bring over 100 of the very lean "Official VTES Demo Decks" that are to be used in actual demoing during the whole event. So I do not think smaller decks will be needed as the demo games will be played with these very small demo decks.

It would be great however if demoers could say to the n00bs who become very interested in VTES and crave for a full gaming experience after the demo, that after the VTES tournaments are finished for each day they can go and ask VTES players if these would be interested in playing a full game with the n00bs.

In such siuation, I myself would stop a pickup game I had in progress, hand out to the n00b a simple deck I was carrying with me just for this purpose, and start a new one with them included in the game. If there was more than 5 players I'd drop out and help the n00b out with the game all the while not trying to impose my own decisions on the n00b.

Also, remeber to keep such games even more friendly than usual! (although the normal level of friendliness during EC's should more than suffice but an extra smile goes a mile)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, D-dennis, self biased

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 May 2017 20:19 #81730 by alf
I'd recommend the introductory stuff Ankha invented without disciplines.
Those are extremely useful for noobs to assess if it's their cup of tea.
At least in my experience.

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>

More
04 May 2017 11:32 #81735 by Lönkka

I'd recommend the introductory stuff Ankha invented without disciplines.
Those are extremely useful for noobs to assess if it's their cup of tea.
At least in my experience.

Most likely the n00bs who want to try evening casual games already tried out the demo games earlier on. So they have some kind of grasp what is going on with the game.

Why confuse them with some cards that do not even exists in the game? Especially as they already have tried the game with normal cards.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds