file First new products are available!

07 May 2018 12:55 #86542 by thelonius reloaded

Is there any possibility on news about getting boosters in near future. I tried to read up on that, but did not find any solid info. Although sealed products are nice, I am looking to getting boosters more.

AFAIK no boosters, in any case or time

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2018 13:11 #86545 by Silmegil
Thanks for quick response. Sad news for me though. I was looking forward to boosters most. So no purchases for me if they are not coming :(

More
07 May 2018 13:27 - 07 May 2018 13:28 #86547 by Bloodartist

Thanks for quick response. Sad news for me though. I was looking forward to boosters most. So no purchases for me if they are not coming :(

May I inquire why you are looking forward to boosters so much? Draft?

Fixed contents (living card game model) is a vastly superior way of acquiring cards if your intention is to play with them. It costs much less and you are guaranteed to get the cards that you need.

If its draft you want, you can do a cube-draft.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 07 May 2018 13:28 by Bloodartist.

More
07 May 2018 21:31 #86578 by mathusalem
Well I'm glad to at last be able to play with Gwendolyn Fleming, it was so frustrating to see her on the deck boxes but being left out of KOT.
I'm very curious about the content of the Heir to the Blood bundles.

I'm quite pleased and eager to receive the cards. :)

I'm also impatient to see the pdf sets being printed

:tore:

More
08 May 2018 08:04 #86585 by Silmegil

May I inquire why you are looking forward to boosters so much? Draft?

Fixed contents (living card game model) is a vastly superior way of acquiring cards if your intention is to play with them. It costs much less and you are guaranteed to get the cards that you need.

If its draft you want, you can do a cube-draft.

From my personal view, I love boosters. I do not gamble IRL in any shape or point, no scratchies, betting or lottery, so boosters are my fix. True that I love drafts so much, that cube could be my fix, but for me its not the same - again, my personal feeling.

The othe thing is, I tried some LCGs and if we go from completionist view, you certainly have better deals in LCG - saying you want to have playset of them all. But I have met people in AGOT LCG, that wanted to play Stark only - trading or splitting expanses does not work that much because you rarely find people who are willing to split LCG boxes fairly and also you have neutral cards. So for me in both types of games, it ended with buying from resellers on ebay.

Lastly this might prove problematic with V:tes, since there is no playset cap. So say I wanna build Una deck with 50 Freak drives, how many PCD will I have to buy? How will you set up boxes for that? Without changing basic principles of the game.

I could come to terms with this if I knew what the long term strategy is, but at this point I wont invest as a player, because I am not confident that this will work properly. I will keep playing with my own decks for a while and see how it goes.

More
08 May 2018 08:23 #86587 by Lönkka
Fantasiapelit is looking to find a way to get the Bundles to Finland in a cheap manner. But it looks like it'll be July before something regarding this might be actualizing (could be later if things don't progress smoothly),.. :/

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds