file First new products are available!

08 May 2018 10:06 #86599 by elotar
For my view of VtES boosters is preferable - you need multiples of cards both for one deck, and to make several decks ready without moving cards around. In LCG model it leads to buying bunch of multiple boxes of useless crap for several copies of a one needed card.

There are, as I see, rarity problems, thou.

"Basic sets" of 100/100/100/100 R/U/C/V in 5C, 3V, 2U, 1R boosters are not "working" - too much variety.

Mini-sets of 20/20/20 R/V/C in 7C, 3V, 1R boosters (like twilight rebellion) are quite fine, if your also fix rarity issues (for TR it should be, for example, moving Chameleon, Shattering and Piper to commons, Zip Line, Power of All and Revolutionary Council to rares).

Actually, best one for me are not boosters - never seen anybody buying 1 booster of VtES, but something like old starters, but with fixed variety. For example "Toreador-Brujah starter" with 8R 24V 56C randomly chosen from 20/20/20 R/V/C set of relevant for this clans cards.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 10:14 - 08 May 2018 10:16 #86601 by Bloodartist

For my view of VtES boosters is preferable - you need multiples of cards both for one deck, and to make several decks ready without moving cards around. In LCG model it leads to buying bunch of multiple boxes of useless crap for several copies of a one needed card.

"Buying a bunch of boxes of useless crap"? You just described boosters, lol :cheer:

With the exception that buying boosters you are not guaranteed to get the cards you want.

I remember when I once bought an entire display box of MtG alliances boosters and only got two UNCOMMONs that I wanted, let alone any rares. That put me away of buying boosters for the rest of my life. I now buy only singles that I need off second-hand dealers. Or I buy fixed content boxes that utilize the LcG model since I know exactly what I'm getting. Its still WAY cheaper than actually trying to open specific rares out of boosters.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 08 May 2018 10:16 by Bloodartist.

More
08 May 2018 10:16 #86602 by elotar

I bought an entire booster box of alliances and only got two UNCOMMONs that I wanted out of it.

I bought like 4 boxes of third edition and got 0 pentex subversion's ;)

That's why I'm saying, that set's size and rarity should also be changed for random distribution model to work.

More
08 May 2018 10:22 #86604 by Kraus

I bought an entire booster box of alliances and only got two UNCOMMONs that I wanted out of it.

I bought like 4 boxes of third edition and got 0 pentex subversion's ;)

That's why I'm saying, that set's size and rarity should also be changed for random distribution model to work.

If it were a LCG model, you'd get 4.

Seriously, I can't really think of any reasonable argument for random boosters besides personal preference.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
08 May 2018 10:42 - 08 May 2018 10:49 #86606 by elotar

If it were a LCG model, you'd get 4.

If it were LCG, I would not care about PS ;)

The goal is not to get cardboard, the goal is to have fun. Randomness is fun, fixed distribution - not so much. There are "LCG subset" of VtES - starters. Haven't seen anybody being excited about starters (except HTTB ones for Villeins, again because it was printed previously with wrong rarity in random expansion).

Random starters (with two "related" clans and relevant for them pool of cards) can be playable as is - it will make "escalating league" (starting with one starter, than gradually adding additionals) approachable way of a new players to enter the game as well as being new way of having fun for bored old ones.

Secondary market also got it's merits.

Last edit: 08 May 2018 10:49 by elotar.

More
08 May 2018 11:09 - 08 May 2018 11:13 #86610 by Bloodartist

Randomness is fun

And thats were we must agree to disagree. Spending money for nothing is not fun in my books. I've partaken magic limited tournaments where I dumped all the cards I got into the trash bin on my way to the exit. I no longer play limited, except the odd pre-release here and there.

You can achieve all the positive elements of limited and random distribution by creating a cube draft, WITHOUT having to pay any extra.

For me, fun is in building decks, and then playing them to see my plans come to fruition. Also instilling flavor and fluff into my deckbuilding whenever possible.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 08 May 2018 11:13 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds