file First new products are available!

08 May 2018 13:02 - 08 May 2018 13:18 #86620 by elotar

...Good luck trying to build a, say nephandus deck without resorting to ebay...

That's why I'm for the third time saying, that for random distribution to work you should change rarity model.

Nephandus are hard to find because it's rare from a large set, so you got ~1% chance to get them from booster. It's obviously extremely frustrating.

With model, proposed by me, with 8 rares per starter, chosen from 20 card pool, you got like 40% chance to get one from the box.

Actually for nephandus (any non-unique ally), I would even propose common rarity. Then you should at average buy 3 boxes to get playset of 8-9 copies.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 08 May 2018 13:18 by elotar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 13:19 - 08 May 2018 13:19 #86621 by Ankha

...Good luck trying to build a, say nephandus deck without resorting to ebay...

That's why I'm for the third time saying, that for random distribution to work you should change rarity model.

Nephandus are hard to find because it's rare from a large set, so you got ~1% chance to get them from booster. It's obviously extremely frustrating.

With model, proposed by me, with 8 rares per starter, chosen from 20 card pool, you got like 40% chance to get one from the box.

Actually for nephandus (any non-unique ally), I would even propose common rarity.

You'd better, because with 40% to get one in a box, you'd have to buy rougly 37 starters to get your 15, against 4 or 8 fixed starters.
Since you can't move all the cards to common rarity, some people will probably complain because Wider View for instance is now a rare.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 08 May 2018 13:19 by Ankha.

More
08 May 2018 13:30 #86622 by elotar

Since you can't move all the cards to common rarity, some people will probably complain because Wider View for instance is now a rare.

Don't move Wider View to rare, move there (If we look, for example, to 3rd edition):
Minor Irritation
King's Rising
Keep it Simple
Perpetual Care
Frenzy
Peace Treaty
Rabble Razing
Danse Macabre
Special Report
Sermon of Caine

became bored

There are crap load of cards in every set which got no place in common rarity in VtES understanding of it (being useful in multiple copies in different decks).

More
08 May 2018 14:47 #86625 by self biased
It does bear repeating that we will likely be able to print and purchase single cards eventually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 May 2018 15:13 #86626 by ReverendRevolver
If they were to do random sealed product(they aren't, and if they were it would be draft formulated to perfection)
The rarity system would need scrapped and reset to represent how many copies of a card are needed and how many decks need them. So, govern, taste, freak drive, villein,eyes of argus, deflection, deep song, immortal grapple, target vitals, etc would be the new "common" things you need s pair of in many decks or one of in every deck (DI, carlton, bowl, ) uncommon and more limited use stuff (ephor, Ankara citadel, constant revolution) rare.

But really they'd thematically pack things for draft if they created boosters, since what I described is redundant with print on demand.
But draft made boosters would be amazing, and they could alternate draft text and art to keep us on our toes.

More
08 May 2018 15:34 #86627 by elotar

It does bear repeating that we will likely be able to print and purchase single cards eventually.

It's, obviously, for license holders to decide, but in my understanding for a game to grow you'll need product availability in local stores. It can't be reached with PoD, so there should be "traditional" stuff. Random (but kind of focused) starters looks, for me, more fun, that fixed ones.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds