file How can one churn excess or duplicate Master cards (beneficially)?

04 Jun 2018 05:18 #87883 by hollowboy
You want to draw certain masters very early, like Info Highway & Zillah’s Valley, so you put multiple copies in your deck.

Problem: you’ll jam on the copies you draw later in the game.

Solution (1): add lube to the library (e.g. inferior Aura Reading, inferior Flurry of Action).
Solution (2) : add lube to the crypt (e.g. Aisata Swanou and Uchenna or BlackHorse Tanner).

These solutions have costs: card slots and wasted phases / actions.

Solution (3): it would be better to burn these master cards to gain some benefit, or overcome a requirement.

Library cards:
- Path of the Void
- Nightmares upon Nightmares

There are conditional and unique.

Are there good library cards that work (better / more easily) than these?

I'd rather do it with crypt cards. I like 'star' vampires and interesting specials:

Pariah (discard 1 master per turn)
Talbot (burn a master card for a rush)
Aksinya Daclau (discard 1 master / turn to redirect a bleed)
Angelica, the Canonicus (burn X masters to gain X intercept)

Are there any others?

It looks like Angelica / Nahir / 20 copies of Zillah’s Valley would be quite playable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2018 05:53 #87884 by Ashur

It looks like Angelica / Nahir / 20 copies of Zillah’s Valley would be quite playable.

Well, Stefan Karlsson´s deck "Ban Giant´s Blood" works very well: www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=14813

Personally I´d like the game to move more from focus on master cards to focus on minion actions, but crypt acceleration with masters is of course often very crucial if you play bigcaps.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
04 Jun 2018 06:24 #87885 by hollowboy
Thanks for the link, it is a lot dirtier (the title idea + more Dominate) than my concept, and has several tricks that I hadn't considered.

Personally I´d like the game to move more from focus on master cards to focus on minion actions, but crypt acceleration with masters is of course often very crucial if you play bigcaps.

I agree to a point - I'd certainly like to see fewer degenerate masters (Dreams in every deck, Villein in every deck).

I'd also like to see more varied big caps, not just the ones with Dominate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
04 Jun 2018 06:40 #87886 by Lönkka
Just to name a few cards that help you get rid of unwanted cards one way or another. Since the cards cycle, these also help you get the cards you want.

Dreams of the Sphinx
Heart of Nizchetus
The Barrens
Fragment of the Book of Nod
Infernal Pursuit (CEL)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
04 Jun 2018 08:20 #87887 by hollowboy
The Barrens etc are cards I lump under 'solution 1' - yes they work, but it is adding moving parts to patch a defect.

I was hoping to discover other methods (like the Angelica deck), where the excess masters feed some other process that is actually useful.

An option I just thought of: Anna Dictatrix11 Suljic with Absimiliard's Army (and maybe Liquidation).

It has decent synergy, for example. if an excess Info Highway is the 2nd card that Anna revealed, you could simply play a conviction from your hand, thereby moving Highway to the top of your library, then AA could turn the Highway into a ghoul ally.

More
04 Jun 2018 08:52 #87890 by elotar
Somebody should make a Shock Troops deck!

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds