file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter September 2018

03 Oct 2018 11:42 #90935 by Ashur

My guess is that this could be about the new Starter Set.

Especially since the BCP guys mentioned at Ropecon GP that something would be happening this year.

Many things are happening this year!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2018 14:48 #90940 by AceFranklin
Is good, yes? Much excite!

More
04 Oct 2018 00:21 #90959 by ReverendRevolver

maybe its the Promo stuff seeing real print?

You lost me there mate.
AFAIK all promo "stuff" has been actual printed cards, right?

Are you referring to the PDF cards or something else entirely?

The storyline rewards cards, specifically the dozen ish vamps, as they are frankly cooler than the lone library card.

More
04 Oct 2018 01:05 #90961 by Cat_in_Exile
Apparently it's the inclusion of Montano, The Capuchin, Mithras, The Dracon, and Lord Tremere as cards available for print as part of a Humble Bundle.

However, I just bought the bundle, and all I have available currently is a PDF of them with a different set symbol. Hoping BC clarifies how this is supposed to work, as I'm not seeing an option to order the printed versions currently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Oct 2018 03:40 #90962 by ReverendRevolver

Apparently it's the inclusion of Montano, The Capuchin, Mithras, The Dracon, and Lord Tremere as cards available for print as part of a Humble Bundle.

However, I just bought the bundle, and all I have available currently is a PDF of them with a different set symbol. Hoping BC clarifies how this is supposed to work, as I'm not seeing an option to order the printed versions currently.

Wow, it really is the promos...

Anyway, I'm not sure how this works;

You pay $8 or more to get it, but how do you get 2?

Also, unrelated to Vtes, but I have the Clan Novels and the "anthology" (14th book), which is solid and not exactly hard to come by. I'd be more enticed by digital or physical compilation of DA novel cycle (which are quite hit and miss to acquire physically) than most of what's in there book wise.

Anyway, BC guys, how do the HumbleBundle cards work?

More
04 Oct 2018 09:34 #90967 by Lönkka

Wow, it really is the promos...

Right, I admit my estimate was totally incorrect.

Wow!
A total 180 degree turn in how promos are traditionally distributed in this game! With the exception of the first ever promo that came with a book, or rather coupon with which you could get that promo, and the subsequent planned one which never materialized, there has traditionally not been promos available only through purchase of something else (at least cards that weren't included in the actual sets or widely distributed promo kits and such).

This being said, I HOPE that this is just a marketing ploy to get cards out to potential future players to pique interest in this excellent game of ours. And as that the distribution method can be forgiven (since apparently you were supposed to get a coupon for Drivethru I think that the shipping costs outside USofA will again be rather steep...)

I actually haven't yet looked into this promotion/product yet, but I guess it is only temporay offer.

Which will put the future players/those who miss it now at disadvantage, but I kinda understood from a FB message that these cards might/will be in future BCP Bundle or somesuch. But for compleatists these have different set symbol.

I hope we won't have any of those "attendance promos for events" (Anthology was enough so that we could get the game back to print).

Anyway, I'm not sure how this works;

You pay $8 or more to get it, but how do you get 2?

Fork out another $8 or more?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds