VEG BOLOGNA 2018 RESULTS
VIDEO INTRODUCTIONS TO VTES
CHILE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2018
ARTIST IN FOCUS: HEATHER KREITER
BLACK CHANTRY SUMMARY: DECEMBER 2018
MODIPHIUS EMBRACES V5
CALENDAR

Read the newsletter here:
www.vekn.net/2-uncategorised/423-vampire-elder-kindred-network-newsletter-december-2018

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, lionel, self biased, Cat_in_Exile, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2019 11:19 #92602 by Bloodartist
Just saying that introducing Nephandi as part of these precons was in my opinion not a good idea. I feel nephandi have potential to be oppressive in a newbie enviroment, and also the deck centers heavily on one star vampire, Antonio D'erlette, which means that when you put two newcomers with that deck onto the same table, they both get screwed by the contest.

Its great that we finally get the new precons out. And I guess we needed a reprint of the Nephandi, I just don't like that they were part of the newcomer precons. In theory, when things go right and lots of newcomers buy product, these are the decks that we will see a ton of. >_> I suppose one could say that it would be a 'good' problem to have, but I am uneasy about this.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
01 Jan 2019 12:33 #92604 by Kraus
Maaaaybe wait for the deck lists first though, before jumping into conclusions.

Nice artist interview, once again!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
01 Jan 2019 12:52 #92605 by LivesByProxy
I really enjoy these artist spotlight.

A bit bummed that there is no !Gang !gang! or !Nos !nosf! Sabbat starter... 5 player game, but 4 precons? Seems a bit of a missed opportunity. :side:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
01 Jan 2019 17:51 #92606 by Lönkka

Maaaaybe wait for the deck lists first though, before jumping into conclusions.

It is a fricking Naphandi deck featuring Anton. Saying "it might not be that kind of deck" is kinda insulting (or stupid, but i know you ain't so it can't be that).

These are Starters (or Precons) but not "newcomer precons". Those will come later on in the spring.

While I think Anton is broken (should be downgraded to at least having to have the Nephandus in HAND to put it in play) I think the precon is the proper way to go with Nephandus reprint as you need quite a few of them for a deck. Which is rather strong (due to broken Anton). But I think it is a VERY good idea to make precons of strong and popular archetypes!

Nice artist interview, once again!

Indeed.
And Heather is great!
And her actually having been a VTES player was a nice tidbit.

All in all I think this was the best done Newsletter so far. Well done Henrik!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Jan 2019 18:22 #92608 by Kraus

It is a fricking Naphandi deck featuring Anton. Saying "it might not be that kind of deck" is kinda insulting (or stupid, but i know you ain't so it can't be that).

Not what I meant. If the problem was that the crypt might not be good enough and the game experience is bad for the player if Antonio is not drawn, or it's contested, well we'll see if there are any ways to work around that in the deck.

A bit of an obscure post on my part, I'll give you that. :)

Proper power level for pre-cons is an excellent idea. I wouldn't mind having something like EC finalist decks as pre-cons or something in the future. A batch of 5 top tier decks for your play group, right from the shelf? Great!

Of course discretion is needed.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds