file Den of Fiends starter deck revealed

08 Jan 2019 22:25 #92710 by Ashur

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2019 06:15 #92744 by Klaital
This starter seems rather lame compared to the others... 3 breath of the dragon is about only thing of note, they could have at least added some Asanbonsam Ghouls into it, would have fit the wall theme perfectly, and it's a rare that was only ever printed in one ginormous set.

More
10 Jan 2019 20:28 #92758 by AceFranklin
For a new player it has some very important auspex cards for a beginners collection. The combat cards are also great for a new player. I never have enough carrion crows. Smiling Jack and Fame are also popular in certain decks. I think its a decent deck that can be improved on.

More
10 Jan 2019 20:35 #92759 by jblacey
I agree, of the 4 decks it is the weakest.

More
10 Jan 2019 22:40 - 10 Jan 2019 22:42 #92760 by nisu_advanced
IMHO, we are looking at this from a wrong angle, we are thinking as veteran players judging decks as if they were bundles, but they aren't.

They are supposed to be decks ready to play, the deck a new player can take and sit in a table without being humiliated by our awful ones, and I think all 4 decks perform well. They are quite decent decks that can be improved at the same time the player’s skill does.

I mean, I’m sure that the inclusion of an Enkil Cog, 3 mind rapes and 3 parity shift would have resulted in better opinions and longer cues to catch this deck, but, won’t it benefit more from these Enhanced Senses?

I can understand that a shining pack with 9 embraces will tempt people to buy it as a bundle, It’s ok, and I suppose BC will be so happy to have veterans buying these decks too, but do not forget the main goal of this expansion, to bring new players to this amazing game.

PD: of course I want those embraces!!!
Last edit: 10 Jan 2019 22:42 by nisu_advanced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

More
10 Jan 2019 23:47 #92762 by jblacey
I am not rare chasing. This deck needs more than 1 Smiling Jack and it is suffering from a smaller than it should be deck size.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds