file Spying Mission

09 Jun 2020 05:58 - 09 Jun 2020 05:59 #100052 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Spying Mission

blackkn8 wrote: Ok, now I'm a little bit confused.
What is now the ruling for the Card "Spying Mission"? At all?

It hasn't changed.

blackkn8 wrote: Can I stack them now

As before, they stack, and it's mandatory (you cannot burn some of them if the bleed isn't successful because you play another copy).

kschaefer wrote:

Ankha wrote:

Nac wrote: I was asking because new text has both effects happening in the same "would successfully bleed" window, instead of burn-to effect triggering on successful as was the old wording.

This is the cardtext from KoT (2010?) and you are right. The card hasn't been reprinted yet.
But it will be fixed to reflect what you say in the next reprint.

Is a rewording for a reprint necessary? If two effects occupy the same window, you can choose their order. If you choose to play a new SM, then the bleed would no longer be successful so the already-in-play SM won't trigger.

Except that you can't choose the order: you cannot burn the copy in play and play another Spying Mission.
Consider a vampire with a Spying Mission who is bleeding the same target. Either you play another Spying Mission when the "bleed would be successful" (meaning that the bleed is not successful anymore, and you cannot burn the first copy), or you burn the first copy of Spying Mission when "this vampire is about to successfully bleed", in which case it's too late to play another Spying Mission.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 09 Jun 2020 05:59 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackkn8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2020 16:02 #100053 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Spying Mission

Ankha wrote:

kschaefer wrote:

Ankha wrote:

Nac wrote: I was asking because new text has both effects happening in the same "would successfully bleed" window, instead of burn-to effect triggering on successful as was the old wording.

This is the cardtext from KoT (2010?) and you are right. The card hasn't been reprinted yet.
But it will be fixed to reflect what you say in the next reprint.

Is a rewording for a reprint necessary? If two effects occupy the same window, you can choose their order. If you choose to play a new SM, then the bleed would no longer be successful so the already-in-play SM won't trigger.

Except that you can't choose the order: you cannot burn the copy in play and play another Spying Mission.
Consider a vampire with a Spying Mission who is bleeding the same target. Either you play another Spying Mission when the "bleed would be successful" (meaning that the bleed is not successful anymore, and you cannot burn the first copy), or you burn the first copy of Spying Mission when "this vampire is about to successfully bleed", in which case it's too late to play another Spying Mission.

So, you're agreeing with me that the card still behaves the way that it always used to. You choose one of two options (play a new SM or burn the in-play SMs). The choice obviates the other option. This is what I said (perhaps not as clearly as you would have liked, since you repeated it).

So, why is there a rewording necessary? That's, I guess, the question I am trying to ask here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2020 18:55 #100055 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Spying Mission

kschaefer wrote: So, why is there a rewording necessary? That's, I guess, the question I am trying to ask here.

Because the wording was contradictory with the ruling; now, they are in sync.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum