exclamation-circle About diversity and inclusivity (including VEKN Rules Team Rulings 05/07/2020)

08 Jul 2020 13:26 #100285 by TwoRazorReign
I appreciate what you are doing here. Blood Puppy should be banned for fat shaming.

I know it seems like a joke, but I'm serious. That card depicts someone who is obese to represent a theoretically endless source of vampire food. In other words, "Hey fat girl, you're going to feed me a lot because you are fat." Pretty insensitive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2020 21:08 #100292 by Szewski

Looks like Central European nations (except perhaps Germany) are also mostly not satisfied with the bans, as far as i can tell.

mostly? not satisfied? It's only your opinion. Not a fact. Maybe you dont realize that this discussion (on vekn fb profile) is nothing more that yealing and barking one on the other with some pretty bad escalation at some points.

But we, polish people, we know this kind of situation very good, don't we?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Jul 2020 21:11 #100293 by Mewcat
The real problem here is the ravnos card pool is reduced with no additions in sight. The rest is fine.

More
08 Jul 2020 22:38 #100295 by self biased

Looks like Central European nations (except perhaps Germany) are also mostly not satisfied with the bans, as far as i can tell.

mostly? not satisfied? It's only your opinion. Not a fact. Maybe you dont realize that this discussion (on vekn fb profile) is nothing more that yealing and barking one on the other with some pretty bad escalation at some points.

could you clarify your point please? I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean: are you saying that players in your area have taken the bans in stride and see them as sensible? or the other way around?

additionally, I don't understand this statement and would like your help:

But we, polish people, we know this kind of situation very good, don't we?

As an American with Polish heritage (i'm second-ish generation; my grandfather came over around 1914 and I think my grandmother may have been born here, but her mother may have been pregnant on the trip. details are sketchy. my father grew up speaking polish and english), what you're saying is super vague and I don't understand it, but I want to.

More
08 Jul 2020 23:41 #100296 by Mewcat
With no context I assume he means that asking the 10 guys you play with what they think isn't rigorous polling.

The polish part I take to mean that some subset of the polish player base likes to argue, possibly in bad faith.

More
09 Jul 2020 06:46 - 09 Jul 2020 06:47 #100297 by Tadori

answer made to: Henrik Klippström - Marketing Director on facebook

Henrik Klippström so there dear, there is a mistake. Gipsy is racist only for you. I lived 25 years with gipsies who are proud of it and were deported by the Nazis because they were gipsy. It's community is absolutely not stigmatized by this term and they even have a music group called gipsy king! this term is therefore only racist for some and negating it can be an offense for us just as the reverse for others! So why listen to one part of the world and not another?
We're just here to alert you to the bans and other rule changes that are taking place that would alter the fundamentals of our game.
Your last banns can open the way to others under pretexts just as far-fetched.
Where is the line that will stop you? today Gipsy, tomorrow what?
When has your idea of ​​community spliting been an official proposal from you?
The France that I represent is one of the 1st nation present during international events in number, you want us to leave the official tournaments?
I do not agree with your communication, nor your recent course of action, and for once, I come out of my reserve to express our grievances. We do not agree to the establishment of a free vampire contest and for the bans of the cards that seem to you to be rasists.
Is that clear enough for you as an explanation?

Alain Greiner NC France

The truth is all of this has nothing to do with anyone being offended by this cards. Its a political decision to "fit in" a new media trend. BC like Wizards takes actions just to show how tolerant they are and ban cards just to show it. The truth is you could ban a whole lot more cards in VTES that are offensive but it's not the point, the point is to show you are doing something.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 06:47 by Tadori.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds