check 2012 NAC Storyline Event

01 May 2012 15:34 #29167 by echiang
March of the War Ghouls
Thursday, May 31st, 2012
6 P.M.
3 Rounds + Final
(if all participants agree, we can change it to 2 Rounds + Final)

As Storyline Coordinator, I will be running a special storyline event during Origins in Columbus, Ohio. This will be an alternative option to the “Late Night Last Chance Qualifier” which will also start at 6 P.M. Players who have already qualified, players who play in the “Last Chance Qualifier” at Noon the same day, and/or players who enjoy storylines and experimenting with new deck possibilities may choose to play in the storyline.

Cost: None. The event is free (while the Late Night Last Chance Qualifier costs $6). However, you will need an Origins badge to participate since we will be in the Origins playing area.

Fiction: Forthcoming

Background: During the Fall of Atlanta, a large contingent of War Ghouls disappeared mysteriously, when lost to J. Benison Hodge's madness. Apparently they weren't completely destroyed because now they have returned though they're not quite the same. While other clans vie for leadership and influence within Atlanta, one clan (or specific vampire) will brave the legion of war ghouls and discover a useful secret or artifact, thought lost when Atlanta fell.

I. Special Rule:

As a master phase action, a Methuselah may burn a pool to take control of an untapped DeMenTed War Ghoul from the center of the table. At the end of the turn (or if that DeMenTed War Ghouls is burned or removed from the game), return the DeMenTed War Ghoul to the middle (untapped with 5 life and burning any cards or other counters on it). If a DeMenTed War Ghoul is burned or removed from the game while you control it, burn an additional 3 pool.

If you have multiple master phase actions, you may take control of multiple DeMenTed War Ghouls, but the pool cost increases with each one. The first costs 1 pool and an MPA, the second costs 2 pool and an MPA, the third costs 3 pool and an MPA. Etc. For each one that burns while you control it, you still burn 3 pool.

II. Deck Construction

75% of your crypt must be from a single clan and legal Grouping combination (two consecutive Group numbers).

There are no clan restrictions on the remaining 25% of your crypt. In addition, the Grouping rule does not apply to this 25% so they may come from Groups outside of the two consecutive numbers you used for the 75%.

Imbued count as a "clan" (75% of your crypt must be Imbued and your primary grouping is either 3/4 or 4/5); Caitiff do not count as a clan

Any deck that is legal for a traditional 75% storyline is still legal for this event. But it does slightly open up some options by relaxing the Grouping rule for your remaining 25% of the crypt, which may encourage experimentation and creativity.

Standard V:EKN Tournament Rules (including Banned Cards) apply. The only other banned card for this storyline event is Recalled to the Founder.

III. Results

The winning player may choose a Key Minion (mainly for flavor purposes), which must be a minion present in her crypt.

The winning clan is able to overcome the DeMenTed War Ghouls to gain a valuable advantage in the Jyhad.

The clans represented by all participating players will be tallied and may be used later on for storyline purposes.

* Attached are sample images of the DeMenTed War Ghoul and a player aid rule card (which will be provided to all participants to remind them of the special rules).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Joscha, Nick M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2012 15:35 #29168 by echiang
FICTION: Coming soon!

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
01 May 2012 21:46 #29214 by Nick M
Replied by Nick M on topic Re: 2012 NAC Storyline Event
How many DeMenTed War Ghouls are to start in the centre of the table?

Nick

More
01 May 2012 21:53 #29215 by Nick M
Replied by Nick M on topic Re: 2012 NAC Storyline Event
After reading the rules again properly, I guess 3 or 4 would be enough.

Nick

More
01 May 2012 23:20 #29216 by echiang

After reading the rules again properly, I guess 3 or 4 would be enough.

You are correct.

There is no limit as long as you have sufficient master phase actions and pool. Realistically, it is doubtful that someone who control more than 3 or 4 a turn. If more are needed, I will have additional copies on hand (or they can simply be proxied).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
01 May 2012 23:23 #29217 by Pagan
Replied by Pagan on topic Re: 2012 NAC Storyline Event

The only other banned card for this storyline event is Recalled to the Founder.

That may be the first time I started and ended a deck idea before even finishing reading the post that was inspiring it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds