file 2013 North West Qualifier (Tacoma, WA)

28 Jan 2013 16:22 - 27 Mar 2013 19:18 #44547 by gman
Here are the details for the 2013 North West Qualifier coming up on Saturday April 13th. The qualifier will take place at the Contac gaming convention in Tacoma Washington.

Contac warhorn.net/contac/ (go here to sign up early)
Shilo Inns and Suites.
7414 South Hosmer St.
Tacoma WA 98408
Phone: 253 475 4020
Friday April 12th - Saturday April 13th

Schedule
R1: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Break:
R2: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
R3: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Final: 5:30pm - 7:30pm

Note that this time table could change during the course of the tournament due to rounds running longer or shorter than expected.

Lodging
The Shilo has rooms available for around $89 a night. If this is out of your budget, please contact me for other lodging options.

Transportation
I'll be driving down to Tacoma from Seattle on Friday and Saturday and have plenty of room in my car. Let me know if you'd like to reserve a spot. I'll be picking folks up in the Northgame Mall parking lot at 8:30am (in front of the Barnes & Noble). I'd like to get to the shilo a bit early.

Entry Fee $0

Prize Support
Prizes will be provided for this event. There will be a drawing to select door prize winners.

-Heirs to the Blood Gargoyle/Tremere Starter Deck - Door Prize 1
-Old Vtes qualifier t-shirt (provided by Alex Broadhead) - Door Prize 2
-Sabbat !Venture Starter Deck - Door Prize 3
-For those players from outside Washington State, I've reassembled 4 of the Camarilla Edition Starter decks (1 Nosferatu, 1Venture, 2 Brujah). These will include the box and complete card list. The boxes and cards have been opened and slightly used. This will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
-Boosters will be awarded for table wins (Prize support provided by Prunesquallor)
-Finalists will receive the 2013 Qualifier T-shirt. I'll get these out as soon as they become available.
-The Tournament winner will receive a KoT booster pack.
-The tournament winner will also receive $10 store credit and a Sabbat booster (Prize support provided by Prunesquallor)
-Finalists will receive $5 store credit or choice of one of a few other expansion boosters (Prize support provided by Prunesquallor)
-All finalists will also receive a random booster pack.

Other Vtes Events

On Friday April 12th we'll be meeting at Contac for casual vtes from 7pm to midnight. Note that some vtes players are attending Friday for other games, so I can't guarantee we'll have enough players for vtes.

Sunday April 14th - Heartland Cafe (Seattle): Draft or Succubus club. 10am - 6pm. I'm thinking we'll just do 2 rounds and a final since many of us have to work the next day.

Heartland Cafe
4210 SW Admiral Way, Suite A. Seattle, WA 98116
(206) 922-3313

*Updated on 3/27/13

Please contact me if you plan on attending.

-Grayson
Last edit: 27 Mar 2013 19:18 by gman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 19:37 #46173 by prunesquallor
In addition to the prize support from our area Princes, I'll be contributing prizes. My contribution will be $10 store credit and a Sabbat booster for the winner, and $5 store credit or choice of one of a few other expansion boosters for the other finalists, plus booster packs for preliminary round table wins.

I will be bringing a bunch of for-sale / for-trade cards with me. I'm still sorting and organizing, but the goal is to have thousands of cards with some bulk-pricing. For example, there will be a couple of big boxes of $0.10 individual cards, buy 75 for $5 or 200 for $10. There will also be a box of $0.25 cards, a box of $1 cards, $2 cards, all with similar bulk pricing options. I'll also have some higher priced cards.

I'll be there most of the day and evening Friday, and all day on Saturday, so try to get there on Friday or early on Saturday if you'd like to spend some time digging through the cards.

Android Netrunner players, there will be a tournament on Friday evening at Contac...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds