file North West Qualifier 2014

21 Mar 2014 18:21 - 27 Mar 2014 15:31 #60173 by gman
Here are the details for the 2014 North West Qualifier coming up on Saturday April 19th. The qualifier will take place at the Contac gaming convention in Tacoma Washington.

Shilo Inns and Suites.
7414 South Hosmer St.
Tacoma WA 98408
Phone: 253 475 4020

Schedule
R1: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Break:
R2: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
R3: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Final: 5:30pm - 7:30pm

Note that this time table could change during the course of the tournament due to rounds running longer or shorter than expected.

Lodging
The Shilo has rooms available for around $89 a night. If this is out of your budget, please contact me for other options.

Transportation
I'll be driving down to Tacoma from Seattle on Saturday and have plenty of room in my car. Let me know if you'd like to reserve a spot. I'll be picking folks up in the Northgate Mall parking lot at 8:30am (in front of the Barnes & Noble). I'd like to get to the shilo by 9:30am.

Entry Fee $0

Prize Support
Prizes will be provided for this event. There will be a drawing to select door prize winners.

Reminder
Remember to remove all proxy cards from your tournament deck. If that leaves you short on cards, please contact me. I'll be loaning cards to anyone that needs them (while supplies last). Also, if you've been out of the game for a while, and you need a deck, just let me know. I have no problem putting together a deck for you to borrow.

Danse Macabre
Some print-at-home cards are now legal for tournament play. This is limited to those cards provided in the Danse Macabre expansion. Please see the vekn website for details on how to use these.

Other Vtes Events

We have no other events planned, but if there is enough interest, let's see about getting some casual games in Friday night. Let me know if you're in. We could also schedule games for Easter Sunday if people are interested.

-grayson
Last edit: 27 Mar 2014 15:31 by gman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Dorrinal, TryDeflectingThisGrapple

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2014 22:01 #60184 by Dorrinal
There will be ribs.

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
22 Mar 2014 13:44 #60200 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

Other Vtes Events

We have no other events planned, but if there is enough interest, let's see about getting some casual games in Friday night. Let me know if you're in. We could also schedule games for Easter Sunday if people are interested.

Grayson -

Looks like I have a green light to travel if I want to, so I'm considering attending.

There may be some cool photo ops in the area (tulip festival, plover migration) so I can make the trip productive in a non-vtes way if weather co-operates.

Here's the hitch - I'm not really keen to fly up there for just a 1x3R qualifier tournament. If you have others interested in Friday and/or Sunday games, I'll book the tickets/hotel and pack up a few friendly decks for you and Brian. :evil:

More
22 Mar 2014 14:19 #60202 by Dorrinal
I believe the following day is Easter, but I would be willing to clear my schedule for extra games of any flavor.

:trem:

More
27 Mar 2014 15:12 #60376 by gman
Replied by gman on topic Re: North West Qualifier 2014
Great! I know I'm up for games on Friday and Sunday as well. We have our weekly casual game tonight, so let me run it by everyone and see if I can get people to commit to those days as well. I'll get back to you.

Love this - "a few friendly decks" :)

-grayson

More
28 Mar 2014 15:46 - 28 Mar 2014 16:07 #60393 by gman
Replied by gman on topic Re: North West Qualifier 2014
Okay, we had a pretty strong turnout last night - ten players. 6 of us (including myself) are able to commit to games on Friday April 18th. I realize that's one too many, but I'm confident we'll be able to wrangle up a few others. I'm thinking we'll cancel our weekly Thursday games and ask people to come out on Friday instead. This likely wouldn't be a tournament, but casual games (which tend to be just as competitive as our tournaments :)). I'm thinking it would be best to have these games in Tacoma (about 45 minutes south of Seattle), the same location as the Qualifier. Those who plan on staying at the Shilo will also find this more convenient.

For Easter Sunday, we currently have 5 players (including myself) who can commit. I spoke to a few other folks who will likely make it but couldn't commit at this time. Since most of us are in the Seattle area, I'm thinking it would be cool if we held games at either Card Kingdom or the Heartland Cafe. This is still up for discussion.

So, I believe we have enough interest to make this a Friday-Sunday event. Let me know if you can make out to out.

I do have a couch still available if someone is needing a place to stay. As mentioned before, I'll be available to transport people staying in the Seattle area. Just let me know what your plans are.

-Grayson
Last edit: 28 Mar 2014 16:07 by gman.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds