file Any European/near-GMT players on OCTGN?

01 Sep 2012 06:51 #35707 by pivokrevnik
:)

I spectated your game yesterday (or yesternight), and later even played with the remaining guys (just three players, but at least something). still learning how to use the interface, but it seems very good!

the only thing I hate is that lackey forces me to use the english keybord layout (qwerty), which has a bit different key layout from the czech one.. so I type like 3 words a minute, lol. I didnt find a way how to switch it back.

as for "talking about VTES on lackey" - there is no way to PM someone, add to friends, etc., so scheduling games might be a pain..or how do you do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 07:08 - 01 Sep 2012 07:12 #35710 by Ke.
We tend to use Skype for outside communication — I only use it due to VTES.

It's good for seeing who's online and let people know there's a game up. There's a VTES group conversation on there for all the Lackey players. Put through a contact request and I'll add you to it.

The other thing Skype's good for is the group conversation — much more like real VTES. But Skype games only tend to happy over the weekend.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2012 07:12 by Ke.. Reason: partial post

More
01 Sep 2012 09:49 #35719 by pivokrevnik
well to be completely honest, I quite like the limited conversation aspect of the online game. almost like silence of death format. I played far too many tabletop games which were grossly delayed by table talk and then decided by some absurdly idiotic crosstable deals.

More
03 Sep 2012 09:49 #35817 by tarantulus
After playing a couple of games on lackey, I have to say, it destroys OCTGN in the social aspects; finding a game is much easier.

However, functionally it's just poorer in every single way, OCTGN is more responsive, more intuitive and just... better.

I guess I'll use lackey for playing with people from here, and OCTGN for my friends.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds