file vampire the masquerade fiction

03 Feb 2013 17:31 #44796 by ReverendRevolver

The 4 book series also tidied up some editing and also introduced some new components. This was separetly released as an anthology I believe. So its 13 books plus the anthology equates to the 4 books.

correct. i'm still somewhat torn on deciding though. i guess my question is, does anyone know if the saga books are more enjoyable than the 14 books to the point of justifying the saga books costing twice what the 14 books would?

(and of course, still asking for reccomendations)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2013 17:58 - 03 Feb 2013 18:08 #44797 by Pagan
I haven't gotten around to reading the Year of the Scarab books yet. The Brujah trilogy wasn't a bad series but Theo was incredibly... tame(?) compared to his character in the clan novels and rarely(or ever) used a shotgun to solve his problems.

The Lasombra trilogy was better I think but still not quite up to the level of the clan novels. It may be there was too much spread out over three books to detract from them. In any case I didn't feel I wasted my time reading them and they may make it onto the list to reread someday.

It has been 10+ years since I read the Grails Covenant and Trilogy of the Blood Curse and I don't remember thinking they were bad, but my standards since then may have changed a bit. Overall I'd say read them if you can though for completeness even if those two series weren't 'official' cannon even though the 'recent blood curse' did get mentioned in the clan novels.

anyone know if the saga books are more enjoyable than the 14 books to the point of justifying the saga books costing twice what the 14 books would?

I'd say likely not, but as it has been mentioned a few of the Clan Novel books were not that strong and some were rather good. The Tremere novel almost made me vow never to read again. A book about a very insular and boring clan read like it was a story about a very boring clan.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2013 18:08 by Pagan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
03 Feb 2013 19:32 #44799 by Vlad
One of the things I liked about these novels is the explanation you can have about Advanced Vampires or cards like Carver's Meat and Packing Storage...

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds