file Vampire MMORPG, fashion, eh?

02 May 2013 06:01 #48065 by Lech
IMO, it mostly means that fashion won't play in game role. I think it will play role of rl money sink, and source of income of ccp. Which is fair.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 06:42 #48069 by jtroyve

IMO, it mostly means that fashion won't play in game role. I think it will play role of rl money sink, and source of income of ccp. Which is fair.

true. much like the hats in tf2. no real effect. but fun and pretty

More
02 May 2013 07:45 #48074 by Ohlmann

LOL, this is silly. I thought VtM was about power and intrigue. Shouldn´t the in-game economy be about resources like control over humans/human organizations and other vampires/vampire organizations? Possibly finance, vitae and the occational Book of Nod-fragment?

Worse thing is, you seem to forget that in a lot real-world society, power and intrigue do have worked in concert with fashion. Also, excessive fashion is a good sign of decadence, and the RPG is not only about power and intrigue, but decadence too.

In fact, I know people who will explain to you that in the Masquerade, power and intrigue are not meant for the player, which are mainly supposed to be concerned about survival and keeping the beast at bay. Having played a fifth-generation tzimisce archbishop, I would say it's an extremist view, but it's certainly an option.

The court of, say, Louis XIV seem a good inspiration for your power and intrigue. And fashion was a thing back there. And being the king of the kind of superpower that was the France at the time seem as good a supernatural power as presence.

More
02 May 2013 11:00 #48084 by Haze

LOL, this is silly. I thought VtM was about power and intrigue. Shouldn´t the in-game economy be about resources like control over humans/human organizations and other vampires/vampire organizations? Possibly finance, vitae and the occational Book of Nod-fragment?

characters in this computer game are newly-embraced vampires, not methuselahs. I'm not entirely sure but there's probably not that many fragments of the book of nod in circulation to be used for trading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds