file so. i made a game inspired by vtes.

14 Aug 2013 00:41 - 14 Aug 2013 00:44 #53110 by hoduken
I designed a game with strong vtes inspiration. I really wanted to play with my friends but they didn't own any of the cards and we were having a problem finding the ones we wanted.

So, our solution was to just make our own game. Now let me be clear, I'm not saying "i want to make a game" I'm saying that we already did. It's done. Barring illustrations and tuning of course.

We designed it with the idea of a marketing it like an LCG or non collectable card game in mind. It's been well tested, we even have a rulebook in nearly its final form.

If fantasy flight doesn't pick this game up and give me the game i love, i'm kickstarting my own.

And let me be clear, this isn't vtes, its just inspired by vtes. Different IP, similar mechanics.

If anyone is interested in helping me play test please IM me and ill send you a rule book and a full print and play sometime by the end of October.

If fantasy flight announces they are doing an lcg at gencon this weekend then ill be putting my design efforts elsewhere.

If you have any questions please ask in this thread.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2013 00:44 by hoduken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2013 08:00 #53123 by Brum
Hi there.
Welcome to the forum.

I designed a game with strong vtes inspiration. I really wanted to play with my friends but they didn't own any of the cards and we were having a problem finding the ones we wanted.

The rest of your post seems to defy this premise.
You have the time and resources to build ready to print cards and rulebook, yet cannot do proxies of VtES to play with your friends?

Could you give us more info about your game and who are you publicly?

Cheers!
Tiago Brum,
Portuguese National Coordinator

More
14 Aug 2013 18:15 #53227 by hoduken
Yeah for sure.

Publicly i haven't done anything yet. However, i have worked in the gaming industry for over 9 years. Time is a funny thing, i feel most people have the time to do things they just need to find it.

Resources? not really, unless you consider creativity a resource.

I could print the cards out but why? The same could be said of any game. I want to play a game that's supported by the company that made it. I want to be able to easily purchase cards without the hassle of printing them out. I know some people love the idea of getting cards for free and printing them out. More power to those people, however, I'm not one of them.

I have designed many games for myself over the years, its been a hobby of mine. And let me tell you, cutting 400+ cards out is a pain.

Making a rulebook is as easy as having the motivation.

As far as the game. It's a 3-6 player competitive card game set in a contemporary horror setting. Player are playing one of six factions representing secret societies who are vying for control of power in any given city in the world. The print and play, and the retail game, would come packaged with four pre-made 60 card decks. It takes about 1 hour to play a game with four players. We streamlined the game as much as possible to make entry for new players as easy as possible while keeping the complexity of the mechanics that we appreciated.

Any other questions?

Also, thanks for moving this post to the correct area.

More
14 Aug 2013 22:35 #53231 by Adonai

If fantasy flight doesn't pick this game up and give me the game i love, i'm kickstarting my own.

Fantasy Flight has already released the details of their Vampire game.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4245&epn=0

More
14 Aug 2013 23:08 #53232 by hoduken
Well if that's the case then expect a kickstarter sometime next year. If anyone is interested in helping me playtest or has questions please ask. I'm really looking to get feedback from people who love the inspiration for this game as much as me.

More
16 Aug 2013 14:33 #53307 by Adonai

Well if that's the case then expect a kickstarter sometime next year.

Why would I back you a kickstarter for you when I have no knowledge of you, your skills, etc?

If I were going to back a kickstarter at all, I'd do it for the 2011 North American Continental Champion , as I have at least met and played with him.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds