file Going to America

02 Apr 2014 14:30 #60555 by Sérgio
Going to America was created by Sérgio
So... here goes:

I'm Portuguese and studying Editorial Design (master's degree). Recently I have been given the opportunity to do my thesis in the form of an intership report -- said internship would be at a company in San Jose, California and my (obvious) problem is housing.

So far I have been unable to find "cheap" housing (either renting an apartment or sharing a place) and, although the intership is supposed to be paid, I doubt it'll be enough for everything.

I'm posting this here by suggestion of my NC, who says that everyone in this community is rather awesome (with which I'll have to agree, about the people I got to know at the EC) and I'm asking if anyone is willing to share a place (and expenses) for 6 months, or knows someone that is.

Thank you very much,
Sérgio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2014 14:47 #60556 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: Going to America
I passed this along to the Powerbase: Berkeley facebook group and the Bay Area V:TES mailing list.

More
02 Apr 2014 14:49 #60557 by Sérgio
Replied by Sérgio on topic Re: Going to America

More
02 Apr 2014 15:56 - 02 Apr 2014 15:57 #60560 by James Lin
Replied by James Lin on topic Re: Going to America
Just in case you can't find some VtES players to share a place, you might wanna check www.airbnb.com I've always used their services for cheap and yet homey places whenever I have to travel. Very well worth it, especially if the host has great reviews. I've used that service for 3 countries and both east and west coast and the south.. loved it.

Get busy living or get busy dying

----Andy Dufresne
Last edit: 02 Apr 2014 15:57 by James Lin.

More
02 Apr 2014 19:13 #60567 by Sérgio
Replied by Sérgio on topic Re: Going to America
Thanks! I'll definitely take a closer look at the website sometime this week, but I have a quick question: you've stayed for how long, exactly? most of what I've seen have been quick trips or sleepovers. 6 months seems like a stretch, somehow.

More
02 Apr 2014 20:44 #60568 by brandonsantacruz
Hi Sergio,
What period of time are you planning on staying in San Jose? Roughly when will you arrive and when do you plan to return to Portugal? Will you have a car or will you need to stay close to San Jose?

I am not aware of a place for you to stay in the area right now, but I can ask around.

Brandon Haas
Prince of Aptos, CA

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds