file Book Review: "Origin" by J. A. Konrath

14 May 2015 05:15 #71092 by direwolf
This was not a vampire book, but I am willing to bet that more than a few V:tES players would enjoy this book.

Origin by J A Konrath
(I borrowed the e-book from my local library)

Synopsis:
In 1906, a sarcophagus containing the devil is discovered while digging the Panama Canal. 90 years later, it awakens from a coma inside a secure underground bunker in New Mexico.

The book plays out like your typical horror story. In fact, one of the characters mentions "I've seen Jurassic Park, this will only end in catastrophe." I'm paraphrasing, but that sums it up. Jurassic Park with the devil instead of a T-Rex.

You may think that sounds cheesy, but it works for this story. Basically, how would you imagine it would turn out if the U.S. Government had Enkidu in a titanium cage with researchers, both medical and theological trying to figure out his origin.

While not a vampire novel, this book is in the same genre. You could write a similar novel, and replace the demon with a vampire from the World of Darkness and have similar results.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds