file Archeology: Jyhad combat as it can be reconstructed from present time

29 May 2018 14:31 #87685 by elotar

Unless you have actual anecdotes proving the contrary, what I say here is as plausible as anything you've said previously.

Anecdots do not prove anything. Logic does it.

Here, if you filter dumb squabble, was presented initial combat system, which looks quite logical and workable, with different cool "winning" strategies, which also have a reasonable influence on a general game - as it encourage to put combat defense into any decks, thus making them less unbalanced.

In SCE thread there was presented chain of events, which lead from here to what we have at Jyhad release, including exact vampires in the deck of manager, who championed all this jumping off the cliff. Then there was some words about Jyhad -> VtES transition and later "works", which greatly falls in line with stupidity of "phase 2".

You may provide some other story with logically connected elements, which can lead from something reasonable to a result of having 75% of combat cards useless, as well as in general imbalance of combat and other elements in the game at release and till the end of the WotC "reign", then you will have "plausible" position.

By now you are just trolling.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2018 20:34 - 29 May 2018 20:35 #87704 by TwoRazorReign

Unless you have actual anecdotes proving the contrary, what I say here is as plausible as anything you've said previously.

Anecdots do not prove anything. Logic does it.

So, here again, I will state that I'm not arguing anything you repeated in this post. I am specifically disagreeing with your defense of Garfield and condemnation of everyone else involved in the early days of VTES. Garfield is to blame for whatever "fuckups" you think were introduced into the game early on. I've stated my "logic" on that. Are you going to respond to this or not?
Last edit: 29 May 2018 20:35 by TwoRazorReign.

More
29 May 2018 22:39 #87713 by self biased

Are you going to respond to this or not?

Own goal. We both know he's not going to do any such thing.

More
30 May 2018 07:41 #87719 by elotar

So, here again, I will state that I'm not arguing anything you repeated in this post.

Great, you should have started with that.
And finished.

If you are interested in finding people to blame then I think you should start a new thread, where you can state your "case" to Garfield and people interested can organize "defence" or what a fuck you really want to hear.

Here I would like to continue discussion of Jyhad "combat as intended".

More
30 May 2018 09:46 #87722 by TwoRazorReign
I guess that's a no, then? I mean, I'm intrigued by your version of events in the early days of VTES. That's why I wish to discuss only that.

More
30 May 2018 10:11 #87723 by elotar

I guess that's a no, then? I mean, I'm intrigued by your version of events in the early days of VTES. That's why I wish to discuss only that.

I care about events only to understand how cards and rules was changed by them, so I can reverse engineer original design. "Discussions" with you looks pointless to me, because I see no other goals in your comments except trolling. But maybe it's just me - start a new thread and you will find others who share interests with you.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds