file "Color Wheel" and VtES

01 Jun 2018 02:50 #87801 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic "Color Wheel" and VtES

it has always bothered me that only some clans have a discipline that is uniquely theirs. Its an issue with the source material, which isn't likely to get fixed.

Me too actually. I wish the Toreador/Daeva got Seduction as their unique discipline, and the Nosferatu could have Cachexy - the ability to spread diseases. IDK what the other base clans could get.

Or we can design the discipline effects so they will have synergy ;)

Can you give an example of what you would like to see? Quietus has non-agg strikes, which has synergy with the Celerity additional strikes, but I think they really need some unique way to oust - some gameplay we don't have much of or is significantly different from just bleeding.

Maybe some card like, "Whenever an Assamite burns a Red List minion or a minion with a contract for which that Assamite was chosen, put a counter on this card. When there are 5 or more counters on this card, burn this card and gain 1 victory point. Only 1 VP may be gained this way in a game."

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2018 07:50 #87808 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic "Color Wheel" and VtES

Can you give an example of what you would like to see? Quietus has non-agg strikes, which has synergy with the Celerity additional strikes, but I think they really need some unique way to oust - some gameplay we don't have much of or is significantly different from just bleeding.

You forget, to have synergy with :CEL: you need permanent +damage, not strikes ;)
Also there is Flurry of Action - one of the best card in a discipline, IMO. Permanent +bleed works with it, but it's dumb, some way to utilize bleeds of 1 thou may be much better.

And then we have :obf: which leads us to question, not answered for 24 years - what use is stealth for a combat deck, especially when you are getting +1 stealth from contracts, so do not care about chump blockers?

And the key point is to answer this questions together. :obf: :cel: :qui: should work both in pairs and teamwise.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
01 Jun 2018 07:58 #87810 by elotar
About unique disciplines.

The problem with them is the same, as with multi-discipline cards - if there is just one clan to utilize them, then it means each card made for them are less useful for the game in general.

And as you remember - I'm deeply confident, that number of cards (useless for any given deck) is one of the key problems of VtES. ;)

More
01 Jun 2018 10:02 #87813 by elotar
Got card idea as an example:

Blood Sample
Action Modifier
Usable after successful bleed
Put this card on a Vampire controlled by target Metuselah, who do not have a Blood Sample
:qui: +1 to all damaging effects against this vampire
:QUI: as above, and deal 1 damage to this vampire

I'm not sure about the balance of this card, main point is to illustrate the idea:
- you need to bleed successfully, so you will need stealth, :cel: bleed actions may be useful too (do you remember Cat Burglary?)
- then you'll got permanent +damage, so your :cel: combat became more viable

More
02 Jun 2018 00:54 - 02 Jun 2018 01:06 #87834 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic "Color Wheel" and VtES

About unique disciplines.

The problem with them is the same, as with multi-discipline cards - if there is just one clan to utilize them, then it means each card made for them are less useful for the game in general.

And as you remember - I'm deeply confident, that number of cards (useless for any given deck) is one of the key problems of VtES. ;)

It is for a similar reason that I am opposed to adding any more clans or sects to the game. Ben Peal mentioned the possibility of adding the Inconnu to the game, but that means printing cards to specifically to support them, at the expense of other clans or sects.

In Magic there is the concept of 'parasitic' game mechanic - something that appears only in 1 set or expansion and requires other cards from that set or expansion to be of use. The Inconnu vampires would not be parasitic, but library cards that "requires Inconnu" would be. The Laibon library cards are very similar. Camarilla and Sabbat are OK because they've had enough support over many sets, but even they would've been better if they had been supported equally from the beginning.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2018 01:06 by LivesByProxy.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds