file Finals are boring. Pt. 3: Rules for the finals

07 Nov 2012 08:06 #40487 by Vlad

Which leaves only the other option available: if the table times out without a GW, everyone at the table must lose. Give the TW to the sixth, to another random player, to the organiser or to nobody, but none of the finalists should get it.

Finalist are the best five players of the tournament during the previous round, for me not having one of them as the tournament winner is not logical.

Not always Antonio, sometimes people know how to play in order not to give any GW on their table... for example a 2/2/1...which gives them or someone they know a better chance for a Final...

What i Propose would be a 3 or 4 rounds tournament, but the last round will be a Final using the Swiss Round method...

The first 5 play a Final, and then the second 5, etc...

The winner of the tournament will be the winner of the first table, if there is no such winner, you go to the second one, etc...

What would you all think of that ?

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 08:36 - 07 Nov 2012 08:39 #40488 by Boris The Blade
That's a very good idea. It also makes the tournament the same length for everyone, which is easier to plan for.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 08:39 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
07 Nov 2012 10:57 - 07 Nov 2012 10:58 #40499 by er-principe

Which leaves only the other option available: if the table times out without a GW, everyone at the table must lose. Give the TW to the sixth, to another random player, to the organiser or to nobody, but none of the finalists should get it.

Finalist are the best five players of the tournament during the previous round, for me not having one of them as the tournament winner is not logical.

Not always Antonio, sometimes people know how to play in order not to give any GW on their table... for example a 2/2/1...which gives them or someone they know a better chance for a Final...

What i Propose would be a 3 or 4 rounds tournament, but the last round will be a Final using the Swiss Round method...

The first 5 play a Final, and then the second 5, etc...

The winner of the tournament will be the winner of the first table, if there is no such winner, you go to the second one, etc...

What would you all think of that ?

Sounds good, but unlikely as it maybe there could be still the case in which all of the "final tables" result without a winner (GW), so a tie-breaker would be needed anyway

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 10:58 by er-principe.

More
07 Nov 2012 11:43 - 07 Nov 2012 11:44 #40502 by Boris The Blade
Then you can still use the seeding after that (and anyway, it is still needed for qualifier events), but that's fine: since players have no control on the other tables, even the first seed will have no interest in letting his own table time out.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 11:44 by Boris The Blade.

More
08 Nov 2012 08:22 #40593 by er-principe

Then you can still use the seeding after that (and anyway, it is still needed for qualifier events), but that's fine: since players have no control on the other tables, even the first seed will have no interest in letting his own table time out.

No problem with that, just pointing that as much as we have a tie-break
now under the current system we would need to keep it in the swiss format; actually i've proposed an official swiss format long ago on the italian forum so i would love to see it official :)

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
08 Nov 2012 08:40 #40596 by Vlad

No problem with that, just pointing that as much as we have a tie-break
now under the current system we would need to keep it in the swiss format; actually i've proposed an official swiss format long ago on the italian forum so i would love to see it official :)

Let's propose it to the Players, then the Princes and NCs...

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds