file EC Nations Cup Feedback?

31 Oct 2012 00:18 #40070 by extrala
The EC Nations Cup was played this year for the first, with Hungary winning the tournament. Personally I didn't play in this tournament (there are better players in Germany than me), so I would like some feedback from the players who participated.

Is the format something that should be repeated next year in Stockholm?
Need the rules some modification?
Do you prefer the Legendary Vampire?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2012 12:57 #40115 by mousnich
I played it, and honnestly, it was a good try.

Although I'd rather prefer legendary vampire.

The tactical choice of deck for finalist was really fun, based on information gotten during rounds, and by guessing which deck others nations will choose.

More
31 Oct 2012 15:57 #40135 by johannes

Although I'd rather prefer legendary vampire.

In your opinion, what was better in the legendary vampire than in the Nations Cup?

My opinion: awesome event. It encouraged a team spirit, something rarely found in V:TES, it had very good players, play was still friendly and relaxed. From a subjective view I "sensed a better atmosphere than during legendary". Also it makes for a bigger event, thus drawing more people AWAY from LCQ (=good). Most feedback I got on site was also very positive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, extrala, milcsix

More
31 Oct 2012 17:11 - 31 Oct 2012 17:13 #40152 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: EC Nations Cup Feedback?
FWIW, my opinion.

I played Legendary in Paris and thought the tournament was a great idea, but the event turned out to be not very fun for me. I can't put my finger on why, as all the players there were really nice to play with and just generally cool to socialize with, but the event just didn't do it for me.

I turned down the Legendary invitation for Warsaw and had a blast playing the LCQ instead. As Ralf pointed out on his Blog, I believe, the LCQ is a great platform to play against some people you never even heard of, whereas in LV I probably know the first name of 80% of the people playing there and have already competed against them in various other tournaments.

If I would have been able to be in Budapest this year, I would have liked to play in the Nations Cup. As Johannes said, I think the whole team idea is great and has a very positive effect on the general atmosphere. It also has less seriousness over it which automatically allows for more relaxed games.

If I can make it to Stockholm next year, then I'd like to play a Nations Cup. Build on the experience and try and improve it in every possible way. Remembers its goal: provide a fun, but challenging and prestigious tournament for qualified players to drive them away from LCQ.

LV certainly ticked the "prestigious" and "challenging" boxes, but IMO missed the fun checkmark.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2012 17:13 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johannes

More
31 Oct 2012 17:38 #40158 by Dr.Mafrune
Now that you are talking of Nations Cup.... any chance to know something about the parallel tournament held for non-classified players the first day of the tournament? Format, players, finalist, winner etc.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
31 Oct 2012 17:41 - 31 Oct 2012 17:41 #40159 by extrala
The format was Silence of Death. Results of Silence of Death @ Budapest are on the VTES One blog/EC 2012 blog. Decklists (when/if I find them, are following.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2012 17:41 by extrala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds