question-circle Simple Questions Part 1

01 Jan 2013 13:35 #43499 by Squidalot

Great questions, MV.

I will just state here that Johannes Walch is the Chairman of the VEKN and he is also the same person who is publicly part of an effort to bring V:TES to POD. Hugh says "The VEKN will stay separate from any business related activities...", but he has no official standing within the V:EKN as a spokesperson, though he is quite involved as UK National Coordinator and has been Playtest Coordinator. I understand the need for someone to respond, but there's only one person who can really officially provide the proper details, if any, about the true relationship between V:EKN and POD.

Not really Jeff it's fairly simple the VEKN doesn't have any legal status or £/$/€ so it can't be involved in bringing something into print directly, it can encourage someone/something else to do it for the community but it won't directly be funding or signing contracts of any sort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2013 13:49 #43500 by ReverendRevolver
Interesring. So, the vekn gets the ball rolling and at least theoretically provides material on new cards and erratad wordings, and the POD company does the rest? Wow. That feels like it would be extremely ardorous dor the printing folks. I feel maybe things like brick laying and special rrport may not need printed, just to make it ewzier for other things to be available. Just a thought though. Still VERY optamistic about POD.

More
01 Jan 2013 15:19 #43502 by Jeff Kuta

Not really Jeff it's fairly simple the VEKN doesn't have any legal status or £/$/€ so it can't be involved in bringing something into print directly, it can encourage someone/something else to do it for the community but it won't directly be funding or signing contracts of any sort.

Clearly. But:

1) Who is putting up the £/$/€?
2) Who stands to benefit financially from POD?
3) Did the V:EKN take an official action to support this?
4) Is there a conflict of interest among any participants?
5) Even if there is no conflict, wouldn't transparency and disclosure be "good things"(tm)?

The V:EKN is a volunteer organization. Volunteers should know who is benefiting from their labor and to what end it is being used.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
01 Jan 2013 15:39 - 01 Jan 2013 19:17 #43504 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1

The V:EKN is a volunteer organization. Volunteers should know who is benefiting from their labor and to what end it is being used.

Isn't all of this covered by the first sentence on the home page?

"Vampire: Elder Kindred Network is the Official V:TES Players' Organization dedicated to the continued health of V:TES."

Ultimately VTES back in print is good for the game — regardless of the means.

I'm just happy there's people working towards making that happen.
Last edit: 01 Jan 2013 19:17 by Ke.. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Jan 2013 16:25 #43505 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1

1) Who is putting up the £/$/€?

Steve Wieck. i.e. the POD company

2) Who stands to benefit financially from POD?

Hasbro , CCP , and the POD company

Encourage Steve to get involved and save the game a second time? Yes.

4) Is there a conflict of interest among any participants?

How can there be? The interests of the V:EKN are served by having cards available. This was true while Steve Wieck was running V:EKN at White Wolf and is true while Johannes is running V:EKN with Walch & Nusser GbR.

5) Even if there is no conflict, wouldn't transparency and disclosure be "good things"(tm)?

What part of it did you miss?
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe, Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, D-dennis, Stefan

More
01 Jan 2013 17:32 #43509 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder on this, eh?

So every VEKN member needs to get some moolah or we don't need no POD/new cards, right? Or is it just you personally that needs to lay your mitts this imaginary bread?

I don't give a rat's arse whether someone will make a profit out of the possible POD/whatever cards. But I do give the said body part about the fact that new cards might be a possibility. I do understand that someone, or several someones, need to do so in order to make it happen since that is the way the world turns.

If the player organization is ruining your life to the degree you need to make these continuous uncalled snides against the persons who have worked their asses off for the good of the game for free, please consider resigning from the organization so you'll save yourself all the grievance you now seem to be getting. As well as for the benefit of the rest of us who are simply tired of you and your agenda.

Dead horses need not to be flogged anymore, so give it a rest willya?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds