question-circle Simple Questions Part 1

29 Dec 2012 00:58 #43413 by chrisinpm
I dunno. This whole thing sounds ominous. Especially since it was Marcus Vitel asking... you can't trust that guy. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, ReverendRevolver, Pendargon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2012 18:20 #43434 by MarcusVitel
Sorry about the delayed answer. I posted a rather lengthy explanation earlier yesterday, but it somehow did not show here. I will ytry again. Please note that i am just a veteran VTES player and VEKN member, currently in torpor. The reason for asking was that I read a lot about the possibilities of 'publishing a new expansion' and the dispute between the different fractions of the design team. I will not take sides in that discussion, but the whole situation made me wonder about the external representation of the VEKN. It seems that people representing VEKN have been in touch with different companies disussing the options for getting a fan-based expansion into print. As I have recently learned that the VEKN is not a legal entity, I considered how this external representation works. If person A approached company Z, would he or she actually be representing anyone or would that person simply be acting as person A? In the past I assume it did not matter if a person renting a venue for a tournament was a member of VEKN or not, but it seems that 'we' are engaging in business-like activities and might need some sort of legal status. What do you think?

BTW, there is no reason not to trust me. I am just what you perceive I am. Trust me.

More
29 Dec 2012 19:52 #43437 by ReverendRevolver
I still think hes a sabbat insurgent.

I always thought the vekn was a non profit organization, but there may need to be a legal entity for some negotiations. I assumed johannes has that covered though.

More
29 Dec 2012 23:02 #43448 by Squidalot
The VEKN will stay separate from any business related activities as it doesn't exist for legal purposes (it's a loose collection of individuals with nominated figureheads) and as the most likely option of POD would be a pickup via DriveThru/related venture they would sort out all the contracts between themselves/wizards/ccp (I would assume), rather than the VEKN.

The VEKN is just a 'pressure group' and organised play group facilitator and more recently rules and design elements have been incorporated. I imagine that the rights to set official cards/rules would go with any POD licence.

More
31 Dec 2012 13:28 #43490 by Jeff Kuta
Great questions, MV.

I will just state here that Johannes Walch is the Chairman of the VEKN and he is also the same person who is publicly part of an effort to bring V:TES to POD. Hugh says "The VEKN will stay separate from any business related activities...", but he has no official standing within the V:EKN as a spokesperson, though he is quite involved as UK National Coordinator and has been Playtest Coordinator. I understand the need for someone to respond, but there's only one person who can really officially provide the proper details, if any, about the true relationship between V:EKN and POD.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
31 Dec 2012 14:27 - 31 Dec 2012 14:28 #43494 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1
Score one for the "oppressed"!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 31 Dec 2012 14:28 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds