file Promoting your weekly vtes sessions

29 Jan 2013 05:55 #44570 by D-dennis
Hi all,

We currently have a few rising playgroups in Belgium, that attend each other's vtes sessions. Now appointments are made through various forums, which is a hassle of cross-posting and people not being present on every forum.

I know that some playgroups use a facebook group or page as an alternative. What are your experiences with that? Does it perform well in your opinion?

At first we had the idea to create vtes.be, but then it came to mind that it is like playing vtes in your basement: not very likely to attract new players there.

We have the luxury of the 3 Outpost game stores in the cities where the most vtes-activity is located (Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent). These stores are open from 11-..., have lots of tables, and serve food and drinks at reasonable prices. Most of our embracing is done there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2013 06:54 #44571 by the1andonlime
The FB groups are good if there are constantly people posting stuff, especially if there are a few members who frequent here and are likely to re-post important information. It is also always easier to get people to follow news in FB than on a separate website.

I say, go for it

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
29 Jan 2013 07:15 #44576 by Ohlmann
Before going for facebook, check that all, or at least most, people in the playground use facebook.

Personaly, I tend to go for googlegroup, since facebook have extremely bad implantation here for privacy reason.

More
29 Jan 2013 07:25 - 29 Jan 2013 07:27 #44578 by Kraus
We are using Facebook, but yeah, the prolem with it is that there are some people who aren't on facebook. Those who are, though, are very easily reachable, and all of our notifications show frequently on people's feeds. So that works for us.

Then there's that few people who aren't on facebook. I've taken a habit of scheduling tournaments half-a-year in advance and sending texts about the timetables. We also have a weekly gaming event every monday, and I try to keep up the latest news if the place or time or anything changes, both in facebook and by texts. I update info about our tournaments here in VEKN as well. Make sure to register the events in the calendar! VEKN works well as a notice board at least, if not as a local forum for local issues.

I've been planning on making more leaflets and stuff once I have the time to be distributed around uni's campus and some other educational faculties in town, as well as the gaming store. The store already has a poster up, but make sure to update the info as appropriate.

The embracing happens when new people (mostly mates of mates and stuff) happen to drop by at our gaming hours. I'm hoping new people would pick up some interest through the posters and leaflets I'm about to make as well.

Anyways, congratulations, Belgium, for new gaming groups! :) Keep it up!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 07:27 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds