file ECQ organizers playing the tournament

06 Feb 2013 22:08 #44910 by Aquel que se Indigna
Hello everybody:

I´m about to organize the Spanish ECQ. I have spoken with my national coordinator and he is not sure if I´m allowed to play the tournament, he tells me it was discussed by the Inner Circle members but they didn´t reach a resolution. I will thank if the Inner Circle tells me if it´s possible for me to play or not.

Greetings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 03:56 #44914 by KevinM
There is no rule that states that a tournament organizer may not play in his own tournament.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Feb 2013 04:05 #44915 by Adonai
If the organizer can play in their regional qualifier, then there is no reason for this rule.

www.vekn.net/index.php/continental-championships

To reward the organizers who put so much time and effort into organizing these events, the organizers for Regional continental qualifiers automatically qualify.

Add a rule or drop a rule, but make it consistent.

More
07 Feb 2013 05:20 #44917 by acbishop
I remember that some time ago before I was member of the IC the rule changed a little bit. Organizer gets the qualification only if she/he doesn't play. Checking the forum through my mobile is not the easiest way to find tjhe oginal post. I guess Johannes or Pascal will confirm (or deny) later

:vtes:

More
07 Feb 2013 05:43 #44919 by Jesper
As far as I know, it was discussed, but it was never changed.

And if thats the case, no you cant play in your own qualification tournement.

Yep on the 15th december 2011 Johannes came up with this (sorry the post is from the NC forum):

"Since I cannot see any consensus so far we are going to stay with the current rules."

It was then discussed if the rules/guidlines should be revised, but no such thing ever happened.

/Jesper

More
07 Feb 2013 08:43 #44920 by Hakuron
In my opinion the question behind the question is, if we want to make it possible or not to use the multi-judge system for a qualifier or championship tournament ...

2.9. Multi-Judge System

The Multi-Judge System may be used at any non-qualifier, non-championship tournament with at least eight participants (i.e., having at least two tables).

So, e.g. for an ECQ, the actual rules call for someone, who does NOT play the tournament, the judge. I assume that very often this person is also the organiser.

What to do? It is always good to have a "really" neutral, non-playing judge ... But does it make sense to "force" an active player not to play for this reason -- in times where we are struggling for active players?
For myself, I like both playing and judging, but if it came to non-playing, I would almost always choose non-judging ...

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds