file ECQ organizers playing the tournament

09 Feb 2013 22:11 #45092 by KevinM
I think everything should be allowed until its definitively proven that it doesn't work. fr.ex. I'd be upset if I got saddled with a bunch of rules because Random Guy somewhere can't run a qualifier with more than 20 people without completely screwing it up.

Having said that, and as stated elsewhere, I'd like to see the HOW TO QUALIFY section of the 'Continental Championships' page completely and correctly rewritten.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2013 22:22 #45095 by Adonai

Having said that, and as stated elsewhere, I'd like to see the HOW TO QUALIFY section of the 'Continental Championships' page completely and correctly rewritten.

Can you fix the text and post it here?

More
09 Feb 2013 22:37 #45097 by KevinM
A long time ago, I had a lengthy, well-reasoned discussion with Johannes and Others about getting that text changed/updated and the (minor) problems that the current text was causing, and my suggestions weren't implemented and the page wasn't updated.

At this point, especially given that Hugh said this was taken up at a level that is above my pay grade, I'd rather wait for more information before proceeding.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
10 Feb 2013 09:45 #45122 by Vlad
I would be very glad that it becomes possible to use the Multi Judge option for Qualifiers... especially because I don't play that much and would prefer spending six hours playing and two more judging the final that 8 hours to see others playing...

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
10 Feb 2013 11:49 #45126 by Squidalot

A long time ago, I had a lengthy, well-reasoned discussion with Johannes and Others about getting that text changed/updated and the (minor) problems that the current text was causing, and my suggestions weren't implemented and the page wasn't updated.

At this point, especially given that Hugh said this was taken up at a level that is above my pay grade, I'd rather wait for more information before proceeding.

it was only taken up at NC level (and it was more more tournament/judge guidelines in totality) - but if you write it and get someone else to sense check it i'm sure it can replace the current wording with a bit of campaigning

More
11 Mar 2013 14:50 #45986 by johannes

it was only taken up at NC level (and it was more more tournament/judge guidelines in totality) - but if you write it and get someone else to sense check it i'm sure it can replace the current wording with a bit of campaigning

If memory servces correctly the resolution we reached was: multi-judge can be applied but then there is no automatic qualifier spot for judge/organizer. I´ll double check the notes and get the text updated accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds