file Small correction in the Tournament Rules

17 Oct 2013 11:34 - 17 Oct 2013 11:36 #55415 by hardyrange
While refreshing my memory about some points of the Tournament Rules, I found something that I think could be changed once the next version is created:

1.1. Player Eligibility

Other players specifically prohibited from participation by V:EKN or White Wolf, Inc. policy.

I, for one, would not care about any ideas White Wolf would have nowadays about our game.

B-)

Same here:

1.6. Publishing Event Information

White Wolf, Inc. reserves the right to publish event information...

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Council Chairman Bochum
Last edit: 17 Oct 2013 11:36 by hardyrange.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2013 14:09 #55420 by self biased
i am curious as to why you would be of that opinion.

Are you upset that they are no longer producing V:TES cards?

Are you upset that the print on demand deal fell through?

Because reading between the lines as to what has been posted, it seems to me that White Wolf has done everything in its power to support V:tes and VEKN as a player's organization. VEKN even appears to have White Wolf's blessing to use the Masquerade IP for future fan sets.

Where things have seemingly gone afoul is regarding the Deckmaster license, which is owned by Hasbro. One could speculate that Hasbro wanted too much money for Deckmaster in both situations, causing our current dire circumstances. I do not see how one could be upset at white wolf for this.

More
17 Oct 2013 16:09 #55431 by ReverendRevolver

i am curious as to why you would be of that opinion.

Are you upset that they are no longer producing V:TES cards?

Are you upset that the print on demand deal fell through?

Because reading between the lines as to what has been posted, it seems to me that White Wolf has done everything in its power to support V:tes and VEKN as a player's organization. VEKN even appears to have White Wolf's blessing to use the Masquerade IP for future fan sets.

Where things have seemingly gone afoul is regarding the Deckmaster license, which is owned by Hasbro. One could speculate that Hasbro wanted too much money for Deckmaster in both situations, causing our current dire circumstances. I do not see how one could be upset at white wolf for this.

This is where my inferences led to as well. Both ccp and hasbro stand to gain from vtes back in print. Hasbro is enormous, so a small gain isnt something they probably carexabout, especially if its viewed as competition for mtg. By the way, wotc can afford to push mtg harder than ever, so they dont need more money, and probably resent imagined competition more than they value small gain.

Ww ccp didnt invest in rwnewing the contract for whatever reason, but seem to like us in principle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
18 Oct 2013 01:39 #55440 by Haze
still, why should we care what whitewolf thinks?

More
18 Oct 2013 09:40 #55447 by self biased
because white wolf is graciously allowing VEKN to use its IP without charge?

More
18 Oct 2013 13:54 #55450 by ReverendRevolver

because white wolf is graciously allowing VEKN to use its IP without charge?

Also, in the best case scenario world where some lawyer and or high up individual at Hasbro says "lets let the fanbased organization for vtes, the vekn, actually run thier set as a print on demand thing. Heck, lets let them even reprint the old stuff too. They have to work out the art themselves, but we will negotiate with onebookshelf and make this thing a reality..."
It would suck REALLY badly if we had lit a bag of dog poo on fire and leftxit on ccp's front porch, and they said no to anythimg happening.

So, while i dont plan on sending a fruit baket ti ccp headquarters this holiday season(im broke), i dont see a reqsont get pissy. They have never, to my knowledge, tried to dictate anything about how the vekn runs things since splintering old ww stuff into seperate entities from ccp. Also, i doubt they are going to ban someone from tournament play for having a tattoo that says "eve online sux" or anything like that. They dont care, why bother?
Pascal has other, more mathmatically troubling rules for tourneys to worry about.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds