file Talking before finals?

22 Sep 2014 11:17 #65657 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Talking before finals?

I'd like to second that and would favour an addition to the tournament rules.

The only reasonable way to do this is to force players to sit at their table until round3 (or whichever is the last round) is over.

I highly doubt anyone could force this. Plus it sounds silly.

Again, what I´m talking about is what is said when all 5 players are together, during the actual seating.

For 10 years or so I´ve been arranging tournaments, and I always prefered silent seating ceremonies. Now suddenly one players said "It´s ok to talk, as long as all players are present", and then he started "explaining" how everybody should sit. It felt weird, so I thought I´d better check this with this forum.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2014 15:33 #65664 by Pascal Bertrand

I'd like to second that and would favour an addition to the tournament rules.

The only reasonable way to do this is to force players to sit at their table until round3 (or whichever is the last round) is over.

I highly doubt anyone could force this. Plus it sounds silly.

Again, what I´m talking about is what is said when all 5 players are together, during the actual seating.

For 10 years or so I´ve been arranging tournaments, and I always prefered silent seating ceremonies. Now suddenly one players said "It´s ok to talk, as long as all players are present", and then he started "explaining" how everybody should sit. It felt weird, so I thought I´d better check this with this forum.

Ah. That's something different to "before the finals", that's "during the seating choices". I'll see and get this added to the next RTR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
22 Sep 2014 17:16 - 22 Sep 2014 17:16 #65670 by brandonsantacruz
IMO any deal making should be prohibited prior to the game start time. Beyond that I think that (mis)information sharing should be allowed between finalists only if the elimination rounds are over. What does this mean for potential finalists? Speak only of those without any reasonable chance of making the finals (I.e. "did you see that raptor deck?").

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 22 Sep 2014 17:16 by brandonsantacruz.

More
22 Sep 2014 17:16 #65671 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Talking before finals?
Completely unnecessary IMHO.

If all need to be present and silent then the ones that need to have a discussion on the seating order will just take their discussion elsewhere for a while.

Before the seating choices if need be.

I feel that trying to do anything about this ("problem") will only make the situation worse.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 Sep 2014 18:15 #65674 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Talking before finals?
Well, at least would I like to know, if talking "during the seating choices" is considered okay (or not).

I witnessed the same finals as Henrik, and it was very unfamiliar to me to encounter something like "intensive pre-talking", but I accepted the challenge and found it really interesting.

B-)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
22 Sep 2014 18:46 #65675 by Drizmo
Replied by Drizmo on topic Re: Talking before finals?
By the way: what is a deal in VTES? Is nothing. Just words, not actions. You can't just forbid talking. Is the essence of the game.
Just try don't be the puppet. And If someone try to manipulate other player, remember to that player he isn't a puppet and can think by itself.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds