file What is a Continental Championship Qualifier?

05 Oct 2016 14:04 #78588 by MarcusVitel
As I understand it, a Qualifier is a constructed tournament that the organizer declares to be a 'Qualifier'. Simple as that. It is just more difficult to qualify at a constructed event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2016 14:44 - 05 Oct 2016 14:45 #78589 by Ankha

As I understand it, a Qualifier is a constructed tournament that the organizer declares to be a 'Qualifier'. Simple as that. It is just more difficult to qualify at a constructed event.

Correct.

To me, the biggest difference with Continental Championship Qualifier's is the qualification.
Whereas in a regular tournament only the winner qualifies, in Continental Championship Qualifier everyone who score a GW, and the organizer, qualify.

Correct.

Absolutely right, so why would you ever hold a tournament that is not a Qualifier?

Because each country has a limited number of Qualifier events. The National Coordinators decide how many qualifiers will be held in each country (usually 1 or 2).

Qualification for 1GW in Continental Qualifier is a pleasant difference.
But what is the difference between usual Constructed and National Qualifier?

A National Qualifier qualifies players with 1 GW for the National Championship of the same country.
A constructed tournament qualifies only the winning player.

(Since a National Qualifier is a tournament, it qualifies also the winner for any Continental Championship).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 05 Oct 2016 14:45 by Ankha.

More
05 Oct 2016 15:49 #78590 by MarcusVitel

Because each country has a limited number of Qualifier events. The National Coordinators decide how many qualifiers will be held in each country (usually 1 or 2).

As far as I know there is nothing in the rules about the number of qualifiers that can be held. So it could easily be any number as long as the NC agrees.

Coming back to the subject of this thread: A Qualifier is also an event organized by the NC of a region/ country, that could be run by a Prince if delegated by the NC.

More
06 Oct 2016 06:23 - 06 Oct 2016 06:28 #78593 by Ankha

Coming back to the subject of this thread: A Qualifier is also an event organized by the NC of a region/ country,

It doesn't have to be organized by the NC. Any player can organize tournaments.

that could be run by a Prince if delegated by the NC.

A prince or anyone.

How does it work: the organizer of the future event asks the NC if his or her tournament can be a qualifier, or alternatively, the NC contacts the Prince of a city in which he or she would like a qualifier to take place.

As far as I know there is nothing in the rules about the number of qualifiers that can be held. So it could easily be any number as long as the NC agrees.

There's a consensus not to organize more than 1 or 2 Continental Qualifiers per country. Allowing more would remove any interest into organizing such events. People travel through countries to attend Qualifiers. If every tournament was a qualifier, people would stop doing so.

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 06:28 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
06 Oct 2016 10:15 - 06 Oct 2016 10:28 #78594 by Bloodartist

There's a consensus not to organize more than 1 or 2 Continental Qualifiers per country. Allowing more would remove any interest into organizing such events. People travel through countries to attend Qualifiers. If every tournament was a qualifier, people would stop doing so.

I suggest you add the number of qualifiers to the rules though. (In other games I believe this number depends on the amount of players or organisers who can hold such tournament) "Consensus" doesn't mean anything really.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 10:28 by Bloodartist.

More
06 Oct 2016 13:12 #78595 by Ankha

I suggest you add the number of qualifiers to the rules though. (In other games I believe this number depends on the amount of players or organisers who can hold such tournament) "Consensus" doesn't mean anything really.

It means that the NCs handle the organization within the established tournament rules.
Rules and organization are two distinct domains.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds