file Dumping Archon, creating a new tournament guiding app?

22 May 2018 08:42 #87284 by Dominik
How Simone wrote before i'm still working on a web based application.

I hope to be able to bring a test version to the European Championship but I'm working on it in my free time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2018 08:43 #87285 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Automation is the key so the princes just have to enter some digits and click some buttons and the programm does the rest.
With the help of 2 or 3 other people (maybe including one of the people who are responsible for the database) I could be capable but sadly I don't have the time.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
22 May 2018 09:26 #87291 by Ke.

As for API to submit archons, it's the same issue. Noone has the time to do it (until I'm proven wrong, but this has been the case for 10 years).

Please share the database / table schemas for the tournament results. From there the viability / scale of the task is much easier to establish.

More
22 May 2018 13:39 - 22 May 2018 13:39 #87308 by Ankha
Here it is:
CREATE TABLE `veknparticipant` (
  `id` bigint(19) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `eventid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, -- id of the event
  `veknid` mediumint(7) unsigned zerofill NOT NULL, -- vekn id of the participating player
  `gw` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', -- number of GW on the preliminary rounds
  `vp` decimal(3,1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.0', -- number of VP on the preliminary rounds
  `tp` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', -- number of table points on the preliminary rounds
  `tie` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', -- the result of the break-tie
  `vpf` decimal(2,1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.0', -- VP in final
  `rtp` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', -- rating points
  `dq` tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT NULL, -- dq flag
  `wd` tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT NULL, -- wd flag
  `pos` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', -- the tournament position of the player (winner = 1, finalist = 2, then 6..N)
  `games` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL, -- number of games played
  `clan` varchar(63) DEFAULT NULL, -- clan (for storylines)
  `faction` varchar(63) DEFAULT NULL, -- faction (for storylines) 
  `minion` varchar(63) DEFAULT NULL, -- key minion (for storylines)
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  KEY `eid_index` (`eventid`)

The three storyline columns are not used.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 22 May 2018 13:39 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke., ScoundrelAtHeart

More
22 May 2018 21:12 #87347 by ScoundrelAtHeart
So this is the table where all the tournaments are in where every entry is seperated by ID and EVENT_ID and every player gets a new line for the respective EVENT_ID?
Actually this schema looks quite readable.
I imagine a web GUI where you can click NEW_EVENT , select type and in case it is a tournament you can enter the VEKN_ID or NAME of the player and click ADD (essentially creating a new line in the table).
Not much work on functional side. Imho the hard work is to make stuff fast (developer side), intuitive, ergonomic and appealing to the eye (designer side). I am a developer not a designer.
Next you'll need a server that is able to handle this stuff (PHP or similar language for example) and is secure (SSL and other security measures).

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
23 May 2018 17:48 #87395 by Sambomb

Amaranth already have a randomize seating for multiple players ready, works on iOS, Android and web.

I like the idea of Archon like functionality in Amaranth; however there are a couple of issues with this:

1. The Archon is currently a very complex XL spreadsheet
2. The rating system currently only supports this XL spreadsheet

Replicating the behaviour of the Archon in an app is reasonably straight forward; replicating the generated spreadsheet afterwards to upload is much more complex.

So until the rating system supports a less complex format, ie. CSV, JSON or similar with a suitable API for the results; then it's unlikely any 3rd party app will support it.

What will it take to make an API available for apps to upload tournament results? — I suspect this will be a lot easier than the development that was required to process XLS documents.

I thought in a complete change.

Webservices from VEKN:
CardInfo: bring card text/image/rullings maybe even Translations
Player: bring vekn code, name, city, etc
Calendar: Update the calendar setting up a event
Archon: Provide the tournment info to vekn for the approval of the National Cordinator
General info, Player list, Round info, Organizational info ( maybe a XML or Json fille )
Justicar: List the events to the national cordinator release.

Amaranth ( or other 3rd party app ) Will use the webservice with the correct parameters to Get/Send info to VEKN databases.

With this in mind, we can skip xls files and make something new that can work for any system.

I can help with the design of the webservices, documentation, test and maybe even code something.
Im a software developer, but my "work language" is Fivewin + xHarbour so i cant help a lot with code without study a little first

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds