file On Parity Shift

Poll: Is Parity Shift a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
08 Dec 2011 11:49 #17613 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: On Parity Shift

I was just arguing that in a 2P situation PS is not strictly better than KRC, in my opinion even worse.

Oh, sure--in the 2 player end game, Parity Shift is about a wash with KRC, but certainly not strictly better than KRC, in terms of effect. But in the 5 player, 4 player, and 3 player portions of the game, Parity Shift is a billion times better than KRC, in terms of effect. That it is mostly a wash with KRC in the 2 player end game is a reasonable exchange.

Yes. If you scroll down my post you will see that I pointed out that I think PS is the most powerful vote out there. It is not a billion times better, it generates a 10 pool swing as opposed to a 4 pool swing which is 2,5 times better in the best case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2011 11:54 #17616 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: On Parity Shift
Well, I don't want to beat too much a dead horse, but 5 pool gain and 5 pool damage can't be added in a "pool swing". That mean nothing.

WOuld a card that damage a single methuselah for 10 be as powerful as Parity shift ? No, it would be WAY better. Even a 7-pool damage card or a 10-pool gain vote would be better.

The pool gain will not alway help you, the pool damage will not alway be useful. Both are useful, but on different part of the games. You should compare it to Consanguineous boon + KRC in one card, not to 2.5 KRC.

More
08 Dec 2011 12:48 #17629 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: On Parity Shift

WOuld a card that damage a single methuselah for 10 be as powerful as Parity shift ? No, it would be WAY better.

We don't have to imagine this. It was called Return to Innocence.

More
08 Dec 2011 12:51 #17630 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: On Parity Shift

The pool gain will not alway help you, the pool damage will not alway be useful. Both are useful, but on different part of the games. You should compare it to Consanguineous boon + KRC in one card, not to 2.5 KRC.

True. I was just trying to put some form of measurement to the comparison to show that PS is not incredibly more powerful but at most 2.5 times. So a worst case scenario if you want ...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds