heart Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu?

Poll: Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Dec 2011 11:01 #17413 by Amenophobis

A protean card with some sort of pool damage effect would, IMO, go a long way into helping (!)Gangrel, and Protean in general along becoming more competitive.

Don't you think that it would also help the :gang:, even though they have currently a better standing than their Sabbat cousins?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 11:18 #17414 by wastaz

Don't you think that it would also help the :gang:, even though they have currently a better standing than their Sabbat cousins?

I for one wouldn't really mind if the :gang: were accidentially helped a bit as well. I would really like to see both the :gang: and anti-:gang: get more play.

More
07 Dec 2011 15:17 #17446 by Izaak

A protean card with some sort of pool damage effect would, IMO, go a long way into helping (!)Gangrel, and Protean in general along becoming more competitive.

Well... the thing is, now that Deep Song exists, you won't really power up regular Gangrel if there would be a Protean Card that would read, say

1 blood
If this action is succesfull, untap this minion at the end of the action.
pro: Bleed at -1 stealth.
PRO: As above, but with +1 bleed.

The bloodcost functions as a sort-of built-in inferor Freak Drive and the -1 stealth is there to make the card not stricly better than Flurry of Action at superior.

More
07 Dec 2011 16:16 #17454 by Shadowhunter
!gang! needs the most help without a doubt.
They have good superstars, as previously mentioned.
Una, Boobarella (Aksynya) and Enkidu, also I have a soft spot for Mugur Sabau. I suppose Mitru the Hunter would make a good gunslinger.
They do got PRO OBF so they can do the whole Disguised Weapon - Black Gloves - Flesh of Marble into "I hit you for 2 aggravated and take no damage what so ever from you" for just a cost of 1 blood.

But played as a clan... no. And trust me, I try now and then. They always end up like a Superstar deck.

Best thing I can see them do with their discipline spread is to rush, aggpoke with additionals to make sure the opponent goes down and then use Sacrifical Lamb at superior.

City Gangrel need help, Country does not. ANI/FOR is better than CEL/OBF when the last discipline is PRO.

More
07 Dec 2011 16:25 - 07 Dec 2011 16:28 #17455 by brandonsantacruz

Well... the thing is, now that Deep Song exists, you won't really power up regular Gangrel if there would be a Protean Card that would read, say

1 blood
If this action is succesfull, untap this minion at the end of the action.
pro: Bleed at -1 stealth.
PRO: As above, but with +1 bleed.

The bloodcost functions as a sort-of built-in inferor Freak Drive and the -1 stealth is there to make the card not stricly better than Flurry of Action at superior.

Gangrel have some votes, some dudes with dominate, etc, but nothing that really shines for the clan in the latest groupings. Ariadne has a good special, but it has to be an Ariadne deck to benefit the most from it.

What about this?

The Hills Have Eyes
(picture of two guys walking through some dark forest or decaying city with a few sets of glowing red eyes visible in a dark area)
Reaction/Action Modifier
pro: Reduce a bleed against you by one.
PRO: +1 bleed

!Gangrel could really use a way to survive longer and rather than giving them something they already sort of have (intercept from Ears of the Hare, Abbott, Eyes of the Beast, untap from Dual form and Mylan, plus a decent amout of inferior fortitude, stealth from Earth Control and Rapid Change). I also think that this helps voting !Gangrel because they have Confusion of the Eye and could use a secondary ousting strategy for that kind of deck.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 07 Dec 2011 16:28 by brandonsantacruz.

More
07 Dec 2011 16:26 #17456 by Jeff Kuta
I wanted to wait till there were at least 20 votes before commenting.

I have three words for the Gangrel antitribu supporters out there:

Una, Aksinya, Enkidu

Discuss.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds