file Prize Support

11 Dec 2011 01:28 #17990 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Prize Support
The question and the answers you've gotten don't make sense to me.

In order to get random boosters, you must be asking whether someone would prefer to get boosters that could come from any of those sets or get a random starter from any of the starter sets. There's no choice of sets suggested in the question.

I would always take boosters. With the exception of HttB, which is painfully amusing, if I wanted starters, I would already have gotten all of the ones I want. I certainly wouldn't want a random starter from any set besides HttB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2011 03:44 - 11 Dec 2011 03:45 #17994 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Prize Support
I think the answer really depends on the individual and what he/she already has and what he/she likes to or wants to play.

I don't really need any of the starters and I personally have lots of BH, Gehenna, KMW, Third Edition, and SoC. So I would probably go with LotN boosters in a hypothetical situation.

Generally, when it comes to boosters experienced players are probably better off with larger sets (KMW, 3rd, and LotN). If they have a lot of older cards, they might skip the base sets with lots of reprints (like 3rd).

In terms of playability, the 3rd, LotN, and KoT starters are probably best (KMW has crypt issues, and BH has odd-discipline spreads with the Group 2 vampires, though it's a good opportunity to pick up Group 2 vamps). KoT starters probably have the most "value." BH and KMW do have harder-to-get starter-only cards though.

The randomness of the starter is also likely to affect things. I think it would be a close choice if you actually got to choose the starter. Having a random starter (and likely ending up with something useless to you) is probably going to skew things strongly towards the boosters.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 11 Dec 2011 03:45 by echiang.

More
11 Dec 2011 06:58 #18013 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Prize Support

The randomness of the starter is also likely to affect things. I think it would be a close choice if you actually got to choose the starter. Having a random starter (and likely ending up with something useless to you) is probably going to skew things strongly towards the boosters.

Indeed so.
Hence I never purchase starters as prizes.
If I get them as extra support for free, well, that is a different ball game...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
12 Dec 2011 05:58 - 12 Dec 2011 05:58 #18099 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Prize Support
I will be attending!

Starters:
A: KoT
B: 3rd Edition

Boosters:
A: LotN
B: SoC

I own fewer, want more, and will immediately use cards from those sets.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 05:58 by Jeff Kuta.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds