question-circle POLL: A Question of Balance

Poll: Enablers or Disablers? I prefer cards which... (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
22 Dec 2011 18:36 - 22 Dec 2011 18:37 #19087 by Adonai

This poll is based

The text of the two choices are identical.
It isn't a poll when all of the options are the same.

I prefer new cards which
I prefer new cards which

Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 18:37 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 22:41 - 22 Dec 2011 22:41 #19099 by Ankha

This poll is based

The text of the two choices are identical.
It isn't a poll when all of the options are the same.

I prefer new cards which
I prefer new cards which

That's strange, they were two different choices when I votes (either "enables new strategies" or "disables some weaknesses")

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 22:41 by Ankha.

More
22 Dec 2011 23:48 #19105 by Jeff Kuta
Something happened to the poll. Perhaps the choices had too many characters.

At any rate, I changed the text of the poll name and the choices to be more concise without changing the meaning of the poll.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
23 Dec 2011 04:47 #19117 by brandonsantacruz

Something happened to the poll. Perhaps the choices had too many characters.

At any rate, I changed the text of the poll name and the choices to be more concise without changing the meaning of the poll.

My vote is to diablarize weaknesses (at +1 stealth because I have the Hunt Club).

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
23 Dec 2011 17:06 #19157 by Jeff Kuta

My vote is to diablarize weaknesses (at +1 stealth because I have the Hunt Club).

Ssssssss!!!!111 ;)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
24 Dec 2011 03:12 #19211 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: POLL: A Question of Balance

I don't think VTES needs balancing. We don't need to try to make all clans (or disciplines) equal. The game has a good balance now and trying to change will just shift the balance around with the same amount of different competing clans/disciplines. We won't achieve perfect balance.

What new sets should focus on is adding new interesting concepts, not giving old ones to new disciplines. I don't want another Resist Earth's Grasp, I want another Enkil Cog.

Funny. Shifting the balance is exactly what CCGs should do. Of course, at any given time, there's no perfect balance between strategies. What should happen, regularly, is that what's best and what's worst should change.

V:TES is incredibly bad about this relative to other CCGs. There has never been a time when Dominate was not at the top of the power curve. There has never been a time when Quietus was an elite discipline. Prince/Justicar, Dominate + stealth, Dementation + stealth, Auspex bounce, Dominate bounce, pulling blood off of vampires with masters, Presence vote - lots of things have never been overshadowed.

Sure, there are things that are good now that weren't before. Weenie Animalism isn't that old as a major force in the game. Brujah have a good P/J crypt that doesn't involve Dominate. Celerity is far better. Thaumaturgy is far better. Trujah have good options, now. !Ventrue used to be thought of as sucking. And, so on.

But, in the great scheme of things, there should have been far more changes in what is best in the game and a real attempt to address what sucks.

Then, when you have regular changes, what was old becomes new again. Dominate goes out of favor as Quietus and Potence reign supreme only to rise up again years later. Really, I'm being serious. There should be years when Dominate is not a top discipline. Of course, that's highly unlikely without set rotation or a lot of bannings, neither of which seems palatable to the playerbase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick M, Lech

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds