file I WANT TO BAN...

Poll: I want to ban... (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
28 Dec 2011 16:32 #19480 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...

Is this just satiric or do you really want to have a discussion. Just to throw around some cards (requiring some disciplines) does not seem to lead anywhere, does it?

It is a serious poll. Mostly confirmed my suspicions that the vast majority of players don't see anything wrong with the disciplines in the game. There was some discussion in another topic about churning the power curve so that the "have nots" might become the "haves" for a time. Aside from the 6 (including myself) of 50 respondents who wanted to ban some form of Dominate card, there's not a lot of will at all for such a drastic change in the game.

It's just good to know and I don't think much discussion is really required.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 17:52 #19483 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...
I want to ban banning :P

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Dec 2011 18:28 #19484 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: I WANT TO BAN...

It's just good to know and I don't think much discussion is really required.

Well, ya know, there is always something to be said for how questions are posed.

In this here thread, I voted for "none of these", 'cause if I were to actually see some cards banned from the game, none of these are the ones (as previously noted, Parity Shift, DI, and Pentex are the best ones, but that is neither here nor there in this discussion). But as I have discussed at length in the past, I think the game could benefit greatly from a vast hypothetical restructuring that generally involves down-powering bleeds (and as such, mostly Dominate), the basic jist of which is to make it significantly harder to bleed for more than 3--something like an inferior discipline can bleed for 2 with 1 card or 3 with 2 cards; a superior discipline can bleed for 3 with 1 card or 4 with 2 cards or 5 with something like Command the Beast stuck on; this sort of model mostly involved deleting Govern, Conditioning, Legal Manipulations, etc; with a basis of, say, Scouting Mission (+1 bleed at dom) and Threats (+1 bleed at dom) as the basic bleed paradigm, you bleed for 3 with 2 cards at dom, 3 at DOM with 1 card, 4 at DOM with 2 cards, 3 at DOM with 2 cards and +1 stealth (Bonding), etc. Make all the disciplines fall into line with this curve. Once this happens, Deflection can probably get whacked (or get changed so that is doesn't leave you untapped at DOM which is the big issue with it; Redirection is significantly worse that Deflection such that I'd rather see, in this hypothetical VTES universe, Deflection changed to be the same at inferior and free but still taps you at superior).

This is all a digression. But in an absolute sense, if I were to see the game start going in the direction that I have thought was the way to have it go for years now, Govern and Conditioning would be the first cards against the wall. But in a vacuum (or, really, in the actual, non hypothetical world), not so much.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds