file Parity Shift poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Parity Shift? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
05 Jan 2012 22:26 #20015 by KevinM
Parity Shift is a possible swing of 10 with no serious cost to the card whatsoever. It's stupidly, ridiculously powerful, and while I have no objection to the card effect itself, I think it should never have been printed in that form.

Either Once Per Game or Once Per Methuselah would be absolutely fine with me, as I've studied the card and I don't see a blood or pool cost that would be fair to the player.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 23:45 #20029 by brandonsantacruz
Parity Shift is a very strong card, all the more reason to have a way to counter votes. Banning PTO made there be less incentive to play IC members, which isn't nothing. Modifying Parity Shift is unneccessarry when you have so many ways to stop it:
-Block
-Have votes of your own
-Delaying Tactics
-Confusion of the Eye
-Poison Pill
-Vox Domini
-DI

Parity Shift is a very important aspect of Camarilla politics, has been around forever, and has counters readily available, so it should stay.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
05 Jan 2012 23:56 #20030 by Lech
The same can be said about every political card in the game. Hell, the same can be said for every bleed action in the game, too: would you like to live with :OBF: action that cost 1 blood:

(D) bleed. You get +9 bleed when bleeding your prey.

You have so many ways to stop it:
-block
-deflection
-major boon
-reduction
-action fail
-archon investigation
-touch of pain

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 00:00 #20033 by Izaak
I feel that if you ban or axe Parity Shift, the impact on the game landscape will be too big. The reason people play (mostly) Camarilla vote decks is because of Parity Shift, yes.

The thing is, I don't think generic vote decks without Parity Shift (ie, Sabbat vote decks) are very competitive. What's competitive is very specialized decks such as Alamut/Reckless, Alastor or !Tor breed/boon. As strong as it is, Parity Shift is -I believe- so integrated into the game at the moment that it should stay.

More
06 Jan 2012 00:03 #20034 by Lech

I feel that if you ban or axe Parity Shift, the impact on the game landscape will be too big. The reason people play (mostly) Camarilla vote decks is because of Parity Shift, yes.

The thing is, I don't think generic vote decks without Parity Shift (ie, Sabbat vote decks) are very competitive. What's competitive is very specialized decks such as Alamut/Reckless, Alastor or !Tor breed/boon. As strong as it is, Parity Shift is -I believe- so integrated into the game at the moment that it should stay.

Now there are many reasons to play camarilla outside parity shift, and many reasons to play princes (papillon, traditions). Generic KRC is strong card.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 00:10 #20037 by Izaak
Let's keep this discussion about Parity Shift and not about KRC.

If vote decks without Parity Shift were strong, you'd see more of them. We don't, therefore vote decks without Parity Shift are not competitive (enough).

and many reasons to play princes (papillon, traditions).

Neither of these have anything to do with a vote deck.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds