file Pentex Subversion poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Pentex Subversion? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
05 Jan 2012 22:28 #20016 by KevinM
Pentex Subversion is an auto-include in EVERY DECK and players are forced to design their decks, every deck, with this card in mind. It's stupidly, ridiculously powerful, and while I have no objection to the card effect itself, I think it should never have been printed in that form.

Either a Once Per Game or Once Per Methuselah restriction would be absolutely fine with me, as I've studied the card and I don't see a blood or pool cost that would be fair to the player.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 23:38 #20027 by brandonsantacruz
PS is expensive, costs an MPA and there are counters readily available (play your own, sudden, break it). I believe that it is an important part of the game as it is now.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
05 Jan 2012 23:58 #20031 by Lech
Helped, vtes already have too many masters that are so effective and require nothing but pool. Pentex is one of them.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 00:07 #20036 by Izaak
Once per game per Meth is what I'd like to see.

I feel the game needs the card simply because it makes people die, similar to how the game needs stealth and +bleed to make it not last forever.

It's when multiple people start packing multiple copies where it gets silly.

More
06 Jan 2012 00:33 - 06 Jan 2012 00:38 #20043 by Dorrinal
Not while No Secrets From The Magaji exists.

Edit: I believe the game would be better without such strong counters to tapping tech. The only other answer to something like NSFTM is block-fails, and I like that interaction, but I don't like the way NSFTM is a hard counter to tap-and-bleed.

:trem:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 00:38 by Dorrinal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
06 Jan 2012 03:12 #20052 by Haze
It's definitely undercosted for both offense and defense. Though I'm not saying bumping the price up to 3 or 4 pool would make it better. It should've been one effect or the other, but not both at once.

and once-per-methuselah doesn't convince me. I've seen too many games where it was played only once but stuck around until the end (usually contesting)

If it were 2 pool just to prevent blocking only, then maybe it'd be a balanced card. what does everyone think about this? Nothing wrong with ousting faster and lunging, when it works right.

The effect about no acting is what slows down the game, and means everyone needs to pack several copies so they can contest. It becomes too versatile; play it on your prey and even if you don't oust them you still prevent them from going forward at full speed. Or, play it on your predator's first vampire and enjoy a few relaxed turns of no pressure at all. If it's stuck on you, the best way to get rid of it is usually to contest it the whole game.

another idea is if the card were easier to remove. maybe you pay some pool, or how about it automatically burns on the player's next untap?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds