file Pentex Subversion poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Pentex Subversion? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 Jan 2012 10:51 #20090 by Mephistopheles
My 2 cents:

Pentex is an overpowered card and not only is it strong, it can ruins your gaming experience. I recently started to play with 10-11 cap vampires, for example my Eze deck. It contains:

1. Pentex for contest
2. 3x Sudden Reversal. As soon as I draw a Sudden I keep it to defend against a Pentex. I only play a Sudden if a meanwhile drew a second one, it's my predators turn and he doesn't have +mpa.
3. I play Strange Day to remove the Pentex unblockable.

Despite all this 1 in 4 or sometimes 1 in 3 games gets ruined by a Pentex played on Eze.

So yeah, there is a problem with that card.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 11:04 #20091 by Ohlmann

Or your deck.

The real question is more "should deck that revolve only on a 11-cap be helped ?". They still are playable, they still can won tournament (maybe not easily), so it's not a trivial question.

More
06 Jan 2012 11:24 #20093 by Suoli

Only change I'd like to see is make the action to remove it at +1 stealth.

That would be perfect. Permanent based walls need a foil but 9+ caps that can't Voter Cap or Parity Shift should still be playable.

More
06 Jan 2012 11:25 #20094 by Amenophobis
Pentex has too much impact on large cap or star vampire decks. One card shutting down whole deck categories is just not good for the game.

Once Pentex is put on your big cap/superstar, your game is practically over. unless you have very specific defense against Pentex in your deck.

If Pentex would stop the targe from acting orblocking, then it would be a perfectly balanced card. Once per game/Methuselah doesn't make it any less absurd for the player being targeted.

More
06 Jan 2012 11:28 #20095 by Suoli

Or your deck.

The real question is more "should deck that revolve only on a 11-cap be helped ?". They still are playable, they still can won tournament (maybe not easily), so it's not a trivial question.

They can win tournaments when they're lucky enough to not eat Pentex. It's a crapshoot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles

More
06 Jan 2012 11:46 - 06 Jan 2012 11:47 #20096 by Ankha

Or your deck.

I agree. I've built a caitiff vote deck with a crypt containing only 1-cap. Any deck playing some intercept and fight will disintegrate it, unless I'm quick enough to go through.
When I play the deck, I'm well aware of this weakness.
Why aren't you (Mephistopheles) aware that playing a super-star deck is dangerous? You say "there is a problem with the card". I think it's more "I have a problem with the card".
Well, of course, you know it, and since you like to play super-star decks, you'd like any threat on this kind of deck to be removed. I don't think it's a good reason.

I like super-star decks too, and when I play them, I make sure that nothing will spoil my game experience. And Sudden Reversal is an awesome card anyway, so I'm not sorry to play some because they are useful anyway.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 11:47 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds