file Pentex Subversion poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a change to the card text and/or cost of Pentex Subversion? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Jan 2012 22:11 #20269 by Pendargon

I'd be a lot more scared of 10 weenies each equipping one camera phone than one 11-cap grabbing 10 different items.

Trust me, una with 10 different items can take on easily on 10 weenies with camera phones and nuke them all to oblivion...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2012 22:45 - 07 Jan 2012 23:00 #20270 by dude_PL

I'd be a lot more scared of 10 weenies each equipping one camera phone than one 11-cap grabbing 10 different items.

Trust me, una with 10 different items can take on easily on 10 weenies with camera phones and nuke them all to oblivion...

and spend the majority of resources on one player, while rendering herself unable to rush everyone else on the table. which is basically what the Una deck should do (I mean - the "rush everyone" part), after the table watches it play with itself for 30 minutes of utter boredom...unless you see una (or gerard for the matter) get a rotschreck in the face for forgetting to put sire's index finger into the deck...that's always priceless :)
Last edit: 07 Jan 2012 23:00 by dude_PL.

More
08 Jan 2012 00:19 #20272 by Ohlmann

10 weenies with camera phones does 10 bleed for two with nothing fancy. An Eze fully equiped, while not a complete game breaker, is usually unblockable by big vampire, unredirectable, prevent X points of damage, can play a wide array of (discipline) card, etc etc ...

In short, 10 weenies with camera is a very brutal threat but "easy" to counter because they don't stack 10 effects (I.E. they are still 1-cap that bleed at +0 stealth). A fully equiped star is less of a threat but also less manageable.

Also, 10 weenie with camera phone is a lot harder to do. How many transfert / MPA do you need to pull this off ?

More
08 Jan 2012 10:18 #20274 by Sudden Reversal

The minion who's Pentexed should at least have the right to try to remove it himself, so the Methuselah who played it has to deal with that vampire's stealth or combat. If a Big Brother corporation has closed my accounts, shut down my phone, and placed goons outside my haven, I should have a chance to get out myself, either by sneaking or fighting the goons. I imagine removing Pentex to be similar to the plot of the Sandra Bullock movie The Net.

From a source material perspective, I can see how the Pentex Corporation could paralyze the minion so much he can neither continue with his normal activities nor help protect his master, but I don't see how it could completely take away his ability to act.

From a thematic role playing perspective this is the only change I like and would approve of, however I still voted for the status quo.

Pentex Subversion isn't a hard to find card, easy enough to contest or reverse, anyone on the table can remove it and can be a game winner when used at the right moment which is a good thing. It affects some decks more than other sure, but any star deck needs to protect its star and this is an inherent risk in playing a high cap or reliant on a single vampire style deck.

I can understand that it sucks the proverbial balls when your first vamp gets slapped with one and nobody on the table will assist in the removal, but the player who afflicted you with such a curse still needs to keep one of his own minions up for block attempts, 2 pool is nothing to sneer at and it is my belief that high cap decks have had more then enough love to bring them up to par with others (e.g. Villein).

I have seen a players 11 cap get the van outside the house without ever taking an action, yet he still went on to win the final. The 'poor me' stance, I am now useless and to be ignored can be an effective tool if you believe your still in it and your game isn't ruined.

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide

More
08 Jan 2012 10:26 #20277 by Joscha
I second the above.

IF the majority of players would see PS as a problem giving the pentexed minion the chance to remove it himself would be the best change IMHO.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds