file Direct Intervention poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a banning of Direct Intervention? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
05 Jan 2012 22:32 #20018 by KevinM
Direct Intervention disallows you to play the game you sat down to play. The very act of playing the game is stopped by DI. No stealth, no cards, nothing helps. That's why it's horrible and never should've been made.

To contrast: the master-stoppers only stop the Methuselah, not an acting minion.

The same can be said for Protect Thine Own, Return to Innocence, the seat-switchers, and FOR SURE with stupid Magic-the-Gathering-logic Succubus Club. Banning those five cards did zero harm while implementing a great deal of good. I'm positive that banning DI would do the same.

In addition, there is an updated, balanced version of the card which no one believes to be unfair or unbalanced.

As there is no cost that DI could be set at that would make it fair to the player or the played-upon, the card must go away, permanently.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 23:20 #20024 by Amenophobis
You think that DI disallows to play one's game.
I feel that Pentex Subversion is doing the same, if not even more so. Having a minion not being able to play cards (well, in most cases) is a bad thing.
It ruins games much more than DI.

More
05 Jan 2012 23:40 #20028 by brandonsantacruz
The cost (one out of turn MPA, one pool, card slot) is moderate for what can be a swingy effect, that's true. That being said, I think it has an important place in the game as it is now.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
05 Jan 2012 23:59 #20032 by Lech
Limiting it's recursion by making it one per meth would fix it imo. It's stupid blanked cancel a card, and vtes would be way better without it, but just limiting it would help, too.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 00:05 #20035 by Izaak
I agree with getting rid DI, as long as we ban DI2 along with it. I don't think either card is too strong because of the opportunity cost involved, but I do feel that it disrupts the very core of minion interaction. Meths get minions to do their stuff. Meths deal with other Meths (Sudden) and not some silly 13-th generation nobody trying to Entrance a War Ghoul.

Added to that is the retarded situation where every time you play a DI-worthy card, there is the time-consuming, "any DI's?" - "Wait I'm considering" phase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
06 Jan 2012 00:31 #20042 by Dorrinal
DI is the opposite of fun.

(Though if it's banned we may want to take another look at Una Freak Show...)

:trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds