file Direct Intervention poll and discussion

Poll: Would VTES be helped or worsened by a banning of Direct Intervention? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 Jan 2012 20:58 #20183 by KevinM

They're boring, unstrategic, unimaginative, one-shot tactics.

Sounds like you're precisely defining Direct Intervention.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 21:08 - 06 Jan 2012 21:12 #20185 by Boris The Blade

I'd prefer to see DI and cards like it to go but for another reason.

To play it properly you need to wait before replacing any minion card you play to wait for DI. Since this is just not possible in a 2 hour game everyone plays assuming there will be no DI and causes the card to be played improperly, even if it is generally a minor problem.

That is a fair point, but isn't the most natural answer to change the timing rather than ban cards?
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 21:12 by Boris The Blade.

More
06 Jan 2012 22:17 #20191 by Lech

Being clever is considering DI and playing accordingly and not being hurt by it. A "big-play-combo" being stopped is hardly a bad thing. They're boring, unstrategic, unimaginative, one-shot tactics. Relying on combos is the same as avoiding strategy.

I don't get it, you think that playing multiple copies of your cards for consistency is imaginative, strategic and not-boring ? I disagree.

DI and DI2 are among the main reasons why people tend to not play prayer cards that can be sometimes crucial (why bother if it's gonna be canceled anyway?).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds