file Poll and Discussion: Should Feral Spirit be a Trifle

Poll: Should Feral Spirit be a Trifle (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
15 Jan 2012 02:15 #20881 by Pullen
Quite simple, an older card with with a weaker effect compared to similar cards such as Agent of Power, Abombwe and Spontaneous Power, though can be combined with the last.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2012 08:24 #20885 by Joscha
This card has two effects: Making a Gangrel or !Gangrel Ahrimane and thus change its clan plus giving one level of Spiritus. If you compare that to a "normal" discipline enhancing master it is on par. You have a drawback (only usable on a specific group of vampires) and for that you gain two advantages.
Agent of Power has a very big drawback of lasting only your turn so I think it is obvious why it's a trifle. Spontaneous Power cost two pool for its versatility, to use Abombwe you have to be Laibon or have to have protean (drawback) and it gives you just one effect (Abombwe level). Because of that I think Feral Spirit is well designed.

I'd love to see all Master: Discipline cards as trifle though. Maybe then they'd see more play. Then Feral Spirit would have to be trifle too and Agent of Power should last until your next untap or sth.

Just my 2 cents of course.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
15 Jan 2012 15:11 #20894 by Adonai
If Feral Spirit were to be changed, the better change would be to allow it to be played on Ahrimanes, to give them that second level of Spiritus that is so critical to deck success.

Feral Spirit
Master.
Put this card on a Gangrel or Gangrel antitribu or Ahrimane you control. This vampire is now Ahrimane (and Sabbat). This vampire gains one level of Spiritus [spi] . This vampire is now sterile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
15 Jan 2012 15:50 - 15 Jan 2012 15:51 #20897 by bakija

This card has two effects: Making a Gangrel or !Gangrel Ahrimane and thus change its clan plus giving one level of Spiritus. If you compare that to a "normal" discipline enhancing master it is on par. You have a drawback (only usable on a specific group of vampires) and for that you gain two advantages.

Well, it also has the significant drawback of needing to be playing a deck that uses enough Gangrel in the crypt to justify putting Feral Spirit in the deck in the first place. Given that the Gangrel have not that many disciplines that overlap with the Ahrimane (uh, animalism?), how many Gangrel are going to be in the crypt? And how many Feral Spirits are worth including in case you draw one of the Gangrel and make them into Ahrimanes? Are you building a whole deck out of Gangrel and then using a dozen Feral Spirits, just so you can make them all into Ahrimanes with spi as the backbone of your deck strategy?

Having tried to make such a deck (an Ahrimane deck with some Gangrel mixed in) multiple times, the end result tends to be "Huh. This is stupid. Why am I trying to put Gangrel into this deck just so I can use the Feral Spirits I have?" every time, and the Gangrel just don't ever make the design cut.

That being said, I think Jeff's suggestion is a better one than making it a Trifle--if it could give SPI to an Ahrimane also, mixing them in the deck to also make an !Gangrel work out in the crypt too starts to look reasonable. Making it a Trifle certainly makes it a little better, but doesn't solve the actual problem with the card (i.e. that it isn't really a good idea in the first place). Making it so it can give Arihmanes SPI as well means that it is flexible and possibly worth using.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2012 15:51 by bakija.

More
15 Jan 2012 23:24 #20922 by TorranceCircle

Well, it also has the significant drawback of needing to be playing a deck that uses enough Gangrel in the crypt to justify putting Feral Spirit in the deck in the first place. Given that the Gangrel have not that many disciplines that overlap with the Ahrimane (uh, animalism?), how many Gangrel are going to be in the crypt? And how many Feral Spirits are worth including in case you draw one of the Gangrel and make them into Ahrimanes? Are you building a whole deck out of Gangrel and then using a dozen Feral Spirits, just so you can make them all into Ahrimanes with spi as the backbone of your deck strategy?

Having tried to make such a deck (an Ahrimane deck with some Gangrel mixed in) multiple times, the end result tends to be "Huh. This is stupid. Why am I trying to put Gangrel into this deck just so I can use the Feral Spirits I have?" every time, and the Gangrel just don't ever make the design cut.

I have a deck with aksinya daclau (it also has Viktor the night general because I don't have enough Aksinya). This card works well with her special. But it is too bad that aksinya can't get SPI using this card.

More
16 Jan 2012 03:26 #20928 by Jeff Kuta
Visionquest?

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds