file Preference for main theme of a first new set

Poll: A small new set of V:TES cards is released, what would you like to see as a main theme for the set? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
22 Apr 2012 12:38 #28346 by Brum

Remember, we are talking about MAIN theme, the primary focus of the set. Of course there can be secondary themes.

You are not talking about the set currently under playtest, right?
Because I gather it would be rather late to exercise changes of that magnitude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2012 12:46 #28347 by johannes

Remember, we are talking about MAIN theme, the primary focus of the set. Of course there can be secondary themes.

I am not talking about a specific set or changing anything. Just wanted to have an overview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
22 Apr 2012 12:50 #28348 by Surreal

I am wondering that too. Seems like way too late to think about theme during second round of play testing. All this drama about everything is super confusing.

But if the poll is more about coming sets in general then I would like to see plug existing holes. There so many existing themes that could use stuff (corruption, contracts, imbued, sabbat, some discplines etc.)

More
22 Apr 2012 14:28 #28354 by GreenO
The theme should be:
"Get new folks trying the game with free, downloadable print-and-play cards" You could make them Sabbat Gp5 if you wanted.

I think that a set of cards that included at least one playable deck that could be printed out from scratch, understood by a new player and played in a club game without getting obviously nuked would be an asset to the in getting new people playing it and moving some of the existing stocks of cards.

A poll like this, posted here though, is going to get you the voice of the hardcore players that are likely to use whatever cards get printed, which is great but might not be the best long-term view.

What the theme definitely shouldn't be:
"Masses of impenetrable card text with keywords and abilities that are very difficult for new players to understand that are obviously useful only to seasoned players."

Any expansion set should be asked the question: How does this appeal to new players? If the answer is that it doesn't, you have to question if it's worth releasing. Don't you...?

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
-Herman Melville

More
22 Apr 2012 15:27 #28358 by david.tatu
What about a "booster pack" of 11 new cards that you print out and add to a preconstructed starter deck? You may print multiple copies of some of the cards and there would be instruction on how many to use and what to take out of the pre-con to make the new deck. Would that fit your idea?

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, GreenO

More
22 Apr 2012 15:41 #28359 by GreenO

What about a "booster pack" of 11 new cards that you print out and add to a preconstructed starter deck? You may print multiple copies of some of the cards and there would be instruction on how many to use and what to take out of the pre-con to make the new deck. Would that fit your idea?

Now there's an interesting idea! If you made it a bigger "pack" you could include potential "switch lists" to create easy-to-understand and competitive decks from a variety of different more easily available pre-cons. It gets new players involved and sells through the pre-con decks that the hardcore players are less interested in. I can't see many downsides.

Great idea.

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
-Herman Melville

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds